SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Birthday Deane. Have a fantastic day although you should really stop drinking Stella. Filthy beer. Try some San Miguel, Kronenbourg, Grolsch or other premium beers!!

See you in a few weeks in Kings Lynn.

Cheers

Gareth

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Cheers Guys.

I have only recently become aware of how others view SA, the whole wife beater deal etc, but I like the taste and I can knock back a fair bit without feeling rubbish. My tipple used to be Whiskey, but after years of being able to drink large amount without getting a hangover I got one that felt like all the ones I skipped! The first SA will go down the neck about noon, then it is a case of pacing.

Present opening won't happen till tonight, but right now I am watching the F1 and chilling, it is just nice not to be at work.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sitting back with a few cold beers, F1 practise on my TV and the laptop close by is my idea of the perfect chill out Friday birthday afternoon!

Enjoy it and try not to laugh too hard at the thought of the rest of us slaving over a hot PC!

Or Woodcote, RedLineRacersDad, SonofRoll1Later and CliveHarland freezing their rears off in Derby. I've heard from Andy and it is
cold up there apparently!

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You have a good point. I was going to edit my post to say lager but I couldn't be bothered.

Try Red Guinness. Its amazing. There you go. A real drink. And I can never remember the real ales I like because I'm either drunk at a beer festival or they're small brewers with silly names like Tawny Owl.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Happy birthday to our dear leader.

I too am keeping up with F1 but via a DAB radio secreted about my person.

It's funny Julian I thought most slotracers were Ale drinkers too, looks like I may be wrong, we had one lagerboy at our club, andyslots, but we are slowly turning him round, he's on bitter shandy most tuesdays now!

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
QUOTE (marctownsend @ 11 Nov 2011, 13:32) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It's funny Julian I thought most slotracers were Ale drinkers too, looks like I may be wrong, we had one lagerboy at our club, andyslots, but we are slowly turning him round, he's on bitter shandy most tuesdays now!

I would have thought you Wiltshire Wurzels all drank cider.
I was going to say you'll have to try Greene King when you're up here, but you can get that everywhere these days, we have a few tiny breweries in Suffolk and Adnams at Southwold.

Happy Burpday Deane

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE (asjwood @ 11 Nov 2011, 13:43) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have to admit to being slightly relieved that Gareth hadn't added any pictures of himself in the aforementioned white dress. This is a family forum after all!
What's the matter baby? Don't I make you horny?

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
QUOTE (Julian_Boolean @ 11 Nov 2011, 14:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I would have thought you Wiltshire Wurzels all drank cider.

As a Wiltshire lad born and bred I think that would be Somerset Julian.

As for you Gareth...

Also as a general question can we expect Deane's posts to become steadily less coherent as the evening progresses?

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Hmmm. Interesting. Despite drinking quite a lot of a drink I now know makes me an unsophisicated, anti-social potential exponent of domestic violence, I have no hangover at all. I have no energy, and keep having cat-naps, but I am up and about and feel fine in the head and gut departments. Now, had I been drinking a proper drink it would be a different story, as I know to my cost....

Mother-in-law's birthday today, which sadly (
) means another bout of drinking. So this is what I missed all those years I did the 24hr race

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Hmmm. Interesting. Despite drinking quite a lot of a drink I now know makes me an unsophisticated, anti-social potential exponent of domestic violence, I have no hangover at all. I have no energy, and keep having cat-naps, but I am up and about and feel fine in the head and gut departments. Now, had I been drinking a proper drink it would be a different story, as I know to my cost....

Mother-in-law's birthday today, which sadly (
) means another bout of drinking. So this is what I missed all those years I did the 24hr race

·
Registered
730 Posts
QUOTE (asjwood @ 11 Nov 2011, 17:23) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As a Wiltshire lad born and bred I think that would be Somerset Julian.

As for you Gareth...

Also as a general question can we expect Deane's posts to become steadily less coherent as the evening progresses?

You beat me to it.

I was born in Devizes so it's 6X for me, The taste of Wadworthshire as they say

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
I am actually back on the SA as we speak! Eating out tonight (the place does sell my favourite tipple) and I'm not driving. Tomorrow, with work looming the next day, will be all about strong coffee, but today I am still in holiday mood/mode...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts