SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A very HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of NLSME'S BSCRA racers, may 2012 bring you all fantastic lap times and the barriers don't welcome you too often!

This Thursday sees THE GROUP 12 GROUP C cars line up for what is a return to the ' GOOD OLD DAYS' of NLSME racing.

Porsche, Jaguar, Lancia, Ford, Mercedes, the golden era of sportscar racing restarts 7.30pm .

Don't be late, it should be GREAT!!!!

FAST BRO

·
Registered
45 Posts
And a Very Happy New Year to all at NLSME from me.

Oh yes I remember G12 GpC, very fondly.
Everyone finishing on the same lap, race after race.
Throw a towel and you would cover the field.
If you fell of you were not going to make the "A"

Then it was move up finals, great stuff.
A real racers club "NLSME"

The "Emka Aston Martin" I seem to remember was the body to use.

I thought of it I think, as a class for the club team championship,
it became so popular that we made it an individual championship as well.
I remember proposing a rule change for the national team race,
as up until then it was for each open class in turn, which I always thought was daft.
Endurance race with a 1/32nd F1 car? naaaaaaaah.

Originally it alternated each year with a Sports car chassis.

Wish I could be there, have fun.

Give my regards to all.

Juice.

(PS; I do come down to the old smoke occasionally, but it never seems to coinside with club nights, must try and rectify that in 2012)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi John and Happy New Year to you and yours.

As a club it was a ' no brainer ' to bring this back as it allows us to run something a little different from the norm'.

I'll keep you up to speed on here as to what happens on Thursday nights should you be able to pop down for a visit.

Yours for now

Fast Bro

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A good turn out last Thursday for the start of 2012, saw the return of Group 12 Group C to NLSME HQ.

After getting the track to rubber in from it's ' Green' state from the previous evenings clean, it was good to see some of the more unusual body / car combinations being put through there paces.
Greg arrived as defending Club Champion with his Spice SE89c bodied car and looked very racey, as did Ian who had a March 85g body on his car and set the fastes single race score of 40.56 laps. But it was ' YOURS TRULY' who TQ'ed with my 1986 Ecurie Eccose C2 body on top of JK saloon running gear.

Biggest surprise of the night was Cas' , who borrowed Cliffs spare car and went on to make the A final, brushing aside Bob and Chris amongst others.

The final was a close run thing between Myself, Greg and Ian, with at least six changes for the lead, but in the end yours truly took first blood of the year in one of the closest finishes in a while.

This Thursday, 1/32nd Production both Falcon and Super.

See you all at the races.

Fast Bro

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SUPER FAST SALOON CARS THIS WEEK AT NLSME HQ,42.56 LAPS TO BEAT FOR THE RECORD, let's see who can do it!!!!

Good luck to all the NLSME BSCRA drivers taking part in tommorows Area 6 Group C challenge at Wellingborough.

Let battle begin in this 6 round championship.

SEE YOU ALL AT THE RACES

FAST BRO

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another ' TOP' evening of racing at Britains most competitive BSCRA club night on Thursday , saw Greg take what was considered a very lucky win by all in the 1/32nd Saloon car class.

40 laps or more in the heats was needed to get into the A final , and both Myself and Greg were bang on the money and took 1 - 2 in qualifying ( no lane counting problems that were reported from a visitor to another group!
).

Ian, Bob ( always good to see Mr Hallums taking part at the ' TOP LEVEL ' ) and Franz amongst others were not having a good time of things with grip issues ( all the grip being off line due to a previous night) , this keeping there lap scores down and making for a frustrating night.

In the A final, it was very close at the start with Greg, Myself and Ian all going around as if we were strung together, but into the 2nd minute disaster as Ian and Me came together under the bridge, nobodys fault just a racing accident but this allowed Greg to take the win from Me, Ian and a very below par Franz.

Next week ' THE REAL FINCHLEY GRAND PRIX ' rolls into town and with NLSME HQ being host to the 1st round of The Falcon Pro Championship at the weekend , we are expecting a visitor or 2 to join us.

FAST BRO

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just getting the numbers in for this weekends Falcon Pro Festival at NLSME HQ.

Should be around the 20 mark (and no sign of Blue lane lap counters playing up, eh what?
), and with competion from all over the country chomping at the bit to take on NLSME 's finest, should be a BLINDER of a meeting.

We do have a guest or 2 coming this Thursday to ' THE MOST COMPETITIVE CLUB NIGHT ON THE PLANET ' for a bit of pre weekend practice, so should spice things up.

Track will be getting another clean ( as previous clean make track ' GREASY' and led to below par lap times) and clubroom a little bit of a dusting for this weekend so be prepared to get a little dirty guys.

FAST AND FURIOUS FUN STARTS AT 8pm, SEE YOU ALL THERE!!!!!

FAST BRO

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
VERY GOOD TURN OUT IN DOUBLE, THAT'S DOUBLE FIGURES
,for last Thursdays Finchley Grand Prix, saw Greg take a good win in the final from Ian, Myself and one of our visiting friends from the North , Mr Martin Ellis.

Chris Musto had a steady run to 5th on the night, but the biggest upset was Mark , who had non stop controller problems and ended up bending his car and calling it a day.

Track was still a little ' greasy' , but this was soon sorted with a proper clean to get it ready for the weekends Falcon Pro festival ( report on that to follow soon).

SUPER FAST 1/32ND SPORTSCARS THIS THURSDAY GANG, lets keep the best race night in the country going and enjoy another good turn out and some great club racing!!!!!

Fast Bro

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A reasonable turnout on Thursday ( even without my good self), saw Greg ( THAT BOY IS ON FIRE AT THE MOMENT), take another win.

Next week it's the first Team Race night of the year ( always very popular).
1/32nd cars this time, and with round 3 of the Area 6 Championship at the weekend , I expect NLSME HQ to be busy with people trying out kit for the weekend.

Look forward to seeing all BEST that Thursday nights can offer next week.

Paul Harwood AKA FAST BRO and Thursday night CLUB SEC'

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Weather took it's toll last Thursday, so the TEAM RACE that was to take place has now been put back to later in year.

This Thursday is 1/24th production and we should have a few visitors coming along to gain a bit of practice for the S32 at the weekend and a play with big cars.

See you all at the races either Thursday or Sunday.

Paul Harwood ( NLSME BSCRA CLUB SEC')

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just a reminder that club will be open for the usual bussiness of COMPETITIVE racing tommorow night ( as I intend to open up a little early even though I live on the Hertfordshire/ Bedfordshire border and not just around the corner, EH WHAT!!!!!).

1/24th Production cars and 40 plus laps will be the norm'.

See all you ' SUPER SPEED DEMONS ' at the races.

Paul H ( NLSME CLUB SEC' and BSCRA Area 6 Deligate)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A very good turn out for last night ( no snow bound 80 mile round journey for yours truly!), and a visitor all the way from Blackpool, had a very competitive evenings racing.

Go to see Bob H and Brian C dipping their toes back into real competition last night ( after Bob playing with the ' NOT SO FAST STUFF'!!!!), although the pace proved a little too hot and 4th and 5th was as best as they could muster.

Our Blackpool friend Mr Martin Ellis set a very good 41 lap pace at the start of the evening with his rebuilt G12 car, but it was Ian with his Falcon powered car and My good self with a 16d powered beast that topped the time sheets from the heats.

In the final Ian held on to a narrow advantage to take the win from Martin , myself and an out of luck Bob.

Next week it's NLSME's round of The Area 6 Group C Challenge, so the place should really be ' BUZZING' with drivers from the other 2 area clubs paying us a visit.

See you there for the good stuff.

Fast Bro

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good luck to all NLSME BSCRA members in tommorows S32 round at NLSME HQ.

Should be a bumper event, and in light of recent goings on with the HQ and various decisions to be made, should be a welcome financial boost towards things if the worst case ( and we are left without somewhere to race ) should arise.

See you al at the races

Fast Bro

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Great turn out , a REAL BUMPER FILLED entry for todays S32 at NLSME HQ.

Well done to Greg showing us all the way around with a stunning 41 laps in 3mins with a 1/32nd Production car ( considerably more than what was being done yesterday my spies tell me!!!
, and quite a bit more reliable).

Once again a good day for THE FASTEST FAMILY IN SLOT CAR RACING, with yours truly backing Greg up in the Afinal.

Good to see Bob H once again racing racing ' THE GOOD STUFF' and both He and Greg taking a very good win in the Team Race.

Thankyou to all the NLSME Thursday night members that helped clean the club room and the track for todays great racing, and thankyou to all that visited from around the South ( and in Martin Ellis's case the North West of England) and made it a pleasure to compete with.

Look forward to hosting this weeks Group C Challenge night, for what should be another Mega Evenings racing.

Fast Bro

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Great entry for last weeks Area 6 Group C challenge saw World, National and Club champions all do battle with truly ICONIC beautiful Group C Sportscars.

James Cleave took the evenings spoils, but the A final really could not have been closer.

The first event of the night was ' Best Presented ' , this being won by yours truly with a ' STUNNING ' Lucky Strike Porsche 956c body ( no blobs or things here ).

Steve Keary made the trek down to his old stomping ground , and very quickly got to grips with the demands of NLSME Raceway and went on to win the Falcon powered class from a rather out of luck John Ovens.

As I said the A final really could not have been closer, with Greg, Myself and Ian lining up to take on World and Multi National Champion James.
43 in 3mins had been the pace in qualifying and that did not let up.
Ian took an early lead but had an off, then Greg, but he too had an off. Yours truly at this stage had to pull up due to a can bearing eating itself and the gears, this left James untroubled to win on his second home track, from Ian and Greg.

Tonight sees 1/24th open G12's back at the home of top flight BSCRA club racing.

ENJOY!

Fast Bro

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
As Me and ' THE BRO's' took a night off ( after a very successful month for Team Harwood and NLSME BSCRA racing in general winning area rounds, Southern 32 and British Open Championship events) a smallish but competitive gang of speed demons took to the track for 1/24th OG12.

My spies told me that we had a visitor from another set of racing join in , and added to the carnage and destruction on the night.

Not sure who won, but as soon as I recieve the results from Ian F , I'll let you all know.

Next week is 1/24th Production Team race, and a full turn out of the mainstay of the club will be back TO MAKE THURSDAY NIGHT THAT EXTRA BIT COMPETITIVE.

See you all at THE RACES!!!!!!!

FAST BRO

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Normal service resumes this week, with the return of ' THE FASTEST SLOT CAR RACING FAMILY ' at NLSME HQ.

Should be an ' TOP DRAWER ' night after last weeks carry on.

See you all at ' THE RACES'!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Actually, there wasnt any carnage and destruction on the 1/24th night, apart from some marshalling which can be bad even on the wonderous 1/32 evenings. In fact the racing was top class, fast and clean, and not a carry on as reported. So this Thursday we have an oppertunity to see an appearance of the NO_SHOW bros, that should mean more carnage and carry on.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
HA, HA, HA!!! BOBBY, BOBBY, BOBBY.

That's not what was reported back to me ( funny how the bad marshalling happened when we weren't there?), and as for no show Bro's, 3 weekends of 'TOP FLIGHT' racing on top of a very busy work schedule took it's toll and a week off was required. Hope that clears things up.

Ian took a good win on the night. Well done to him, anyway old news now.

Reasonable turn out for the 1st enduro round of the year saw a very good win for Ian and Franz in there G12 powered machine, from the ' DREAM TEAM ' of My Good Self and Mr ON FORM Greg, in my Falcon powered car.

The evening didn't go too well for Bob and Brian , as after only about 3 mins of racing car trouble struck and kept them down in last place for the rest of the night ( did I get that correct Bob?), behind Cliff and John O who raced a 16D powered car.

Tommorow is the last Area6 qualifier for The Nationals, saw a good turn out of National, World and B O C Champions will all be doing battle to see who will be this years Champion, promises to be MEGA!!!

Next Thursday is the return of THE MOST BEAUTIFUL RACE CARS EVER TO HIT A RACE TRACK, yes it's Group C time again.
Can 43 laps be done again? We will have to wait and see.

Fast Bro

1 - 20 of 50 Posts