SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Greg Gaub
16,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some people wanted this. I've included the SVG I got from converting an image, along with the image I used, the STL file that's designed for color change every 04.mm above 1mm, and a 3mf file for Prusa Slicer that shows how it would be done.

·
Greg Gaub
16,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great job on the tower!

For some printers, you may need to trigger a pause (M601, I think) and then manually change the filament, but I guarantee it can be done. You don't need a fancy machine like mine to do it, as this technique has been used for years with much simpler printers.

·
Greg Gaub
16,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I don't think the stock Ender firmware supports M600 (filament change), but I think it supports pause (M601). You can add a pause in Prusa Slicer, rather than a color change, in the same tool. In the olden days, people would scan through the gcode and manually edit in the M601 commands... or just watch their printer for the layer change and pause manually. ;-)

I'm sure it can be done without much fuss, but you'd need to seek help from other ender users, such as on a Creality Ender farcebook group or online forum/reddit/discord, and I'm sure someone could point you in the right direction... heck, there's probably 100 videos on YouTube about it, specifically for Ender 3 printers. ;-)

·
Greg Gaub
16,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That looks great! Did you use an ironing feature? It looks as if the ironing was not applied to that area, which I've seen from time to time using PrusaSlicer.

·
Greg Gaub
16,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I also need a better program to turn an jpeg into an svg, the one I used (I tried three free versions off the web) left out quite a lot of detail, and the other two failed
This is the one I use:

But it's always going to depend on the quality of the input. I do my best to find a nice, clean, high resolution image to put through those things. Anything that looks like a photograph is probably going to fail.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts