SlotForum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Harbour Pointe Raceway now is a true "roval". Thanks to switch tracks, it has a 9+ metre oval outside the 16+ metre road course.

Cjent1

·
Frederick
1,054 Posts
Hey, nice work. I've never seen an oval and road course or 'roval' slotcar track before. Yours looks great.

Just a couple of questions:

1. Is Harbour Point Raceway actually a name of a real 'roval' or at least a real race track?

2. Is the shape of your track based on a real 'roval'?

Thanks.

·
Tel
4,167 Posts
Switch tracks ? .. cool .. anyone from Scalextric Digital design taking notes here

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys!
Sorry for the slow response.
1st: The pit building and grandstand and 1 control tower are made from foam sandwich poster board.
2d: Harbour Pointe Raceway is named after the neighbourhood in which we reside.
3d: It is not a copy of a real "roval", but it should be copied!
In regard to the switch tracks they are mechanical, modified.
Since I posted those pictures I've added about 1/2 metre to the oval and a metre+ to the road course, but the basic design is the same.
Here's a couple of "racing" pics:

Cjent1

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The track is Carrera GO!!! 1/43d. The cars are a mix of Carrera, Artin and scratch builds. No diecasts.
Hope that helps!
Cjent1

·
Registered
303 Posts
See updated pictures of the track & some of my cars posted in the Gallery.

QUOTE (Cjent1 @ 16 Mar 2006, 21:00) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Updated photos in the gallery! Harbour Pointe Raceway now is a true "roval". Thanks to switch tracks, it has a 9+ metre oval outside the 16+ metre road course.

Cjent1

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
New larger version of Harbour Pointe:
We moved to Surf City, NC USA into a bigger home so HPR is now on a 16' by 4' base. The road course is 67' and the oval is 39'
The road course is redesigned and more "technical".
Track:

Still some "cleanup" to do such as skirting.
With switch track for "working" pits!

Cjent1

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.