SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Because my Sport power bases did this:

I rewired my track using this schematic

I used two cases like this one so that each pair of lanes could be used in other sets if I wanted to change my current four lane layout.

Inside they look like this:

Works perfectly and plenty of room for add ons like variable voltage switches, brake switches and so on if I get adventurous.

Cheers

Steve

PS. The total cost per "box" was less than the cost of replacing a Sport power base. The following parts were used:
  • 2xmale XLR plugs
  • 2xfemale XLR sockets
  • 2xtwo way six pole switches
  • 2xpanel mount fuse holders
  • 2x3.5mm mono sockets
  • 2x3.5mm mono plugs
  • 2xpower sockets
  • 4xspade connectors (to hook to Scalex Sport track
  • 8 metres of wire
  • 1xBox to put it all in
Of course, buying four new Parma Econo 45ohm controllers made it more expensive but I was gonna do that anyway

Cheers

Steve

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hi Steve.

Sad to say, but I found the mistake in my schema: take a look at the XLR connection:

You can still use it as you wire it up but don't use XLR-Jack 6.35 adaptors for Scalex/Ninco controllers, it would short the power supply.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Nep. Thanks.

After using Parma controllers, I honestly can't see myself using anything else....except maybe Professor Motor controllers.

Now when is my next pay bonus due?????

Cheers

Steve

·
Registered
197 Posts
Perhaps you should rectify your sentence: "I honestly can't see myself using anything else....except electronics controllers". I've been using a NSR transistor controller for GSR magazine (no advertising aim) and let me tell you that it's hard to go back to "resistor" controllers, now I want to do my own transistor controller

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.