SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
so now I'll fitting the Slot.it chip flat on the bottom of the chassis with it's onboard IR LED in the traditional position and a second LED in the SureChange guide.
Fitting a second IR LED in the Surechange guide will disable the onboard IR LED

·
Registered
441 Posts
I am not familiar with the LED biasing circuits of the 15b but for the 201b a simple resistor in series with the external LED will ensure both the internal and external LEDs function at the same time... would something similar work with the 15b chip?

MartinF if you want to find a solution to having both LEDs functioning please PM me...

C
Wouldn't that mean that the car is registered twice each lap ?

·
Registered
441 Posts
No it wouldnt, the way the track sensor is configured it simply wont detect the shurechange positioned LED signal at all. If anyone is interested I can explain why. So two LEDs is not a problem for the F/L. Meanwhile, the lane changers will see both LEDs but that is not a problem for them.

Should... be perfectly fine... only challenge as you point out is getting both LEDs to function at the same time... I have 100% no doubt this is fixable... that said I really appreciate your highlighting the issue of how to get both LEDs functioning :)

C
The same car run on a traditional APB setup would register twice if somehow you got both LEDs working - so if there's any chance you'd run the car on any track other than an ARC-Pro track then 2 working LEDs would be a problem.

Std config for remote IR LEDs is that they disable onboard LED to prevent the double registration on C7042 finish line

·
Registered
441 Posts
Yes, the double LED configuration is likely to give problems with APB (although I have never tried it). However, forgive me if I am wrong, but I thought the interest here was in addressing the question as to whether sure change equipped cars can be made to function with the ARC PRO... if so, the double LED approach may be a useful solution for some users... I guess it all depends what compatibility is being sought...

C
I understand and appreciate what you are saying and agree that 2 working LEDs would allow SureChange ARC-Pro compatibility but I only wanted to make it clear to anyone that such a setup would ONLY be ARC-Pro compatible and cross platform compatibility is a somewhat more complex issue.
smile.png
- and I'd imagine getting both LEDs working isn't a simple matter either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.