SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to pick up a Scalextric Sport Digital set to change my current setup to digital. I however have a few Slot.It cars and my wife is obsessed with her black Audi R8C. To keep her happy I want to at least convert the Audi to digital. Has anyone tried this? I appreciate all the input I can get.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Converting should be a piece of cake if you know one end of a drill bit from another.
There are two conversion threads here to my knowledge, one is mine on a Fly Porsche to ProX and the other is a Scalextric DTM car from a Scalextric Digital donor, working with both should give you the insight to work on the Slot.It.

Good luck and post pics!

·
Beppe Giannini
1,696 Posts
"[BTW : I've been told that a Slot.it 25k motor was installed in a Boxter without adverse effects]"

So, the decoder should be OK - that's something I wouldn't have taken for granted !
Looking at the base station/control unit, however, my guess is that a 25k equipped car would count at least as two standard motored ones

Beppe

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Hi Beppe, we put a motor from SlotIt Porsche 956 into the Audi and it went very fast but as soon as we added a second (standard) car.... OVERLOAD!

Im a little worried about multiple SlotIts - however they perform very well at a lower voltage so it remains to be seen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts