SlotForum banner

Have a drink with me...?

4K views 29 replies 14 participants last post by  Ember 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Work is in progress for that 1/35th MINI ART kit...

By crachepiquette at 2012-05-28

Being initially designed for military WWII scenery purposes, the kit has to be slightly modified: Ruined parts (top of the roof and parts of the side walls) have to be cut off.

You've to make some details by yourself: Glazing will be cut off in a transparent sheet suitable for overhead projector, curtains and house number have to be found on the web, reduced at the good size and then printed.
A pair of streetlights are provided too (waiting for the moment in the "paint workshop").
Street and pavement will be issued from the VERLINDEN PRODUCTS range.

See less See more
#4 ·
QUOTE (bleep @ 28 May 2012, 21:29) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I like it so far, mind that drain pipe is a little too short, I wouldn't want to walk past there if it was raining

I took example on the kit illustration, but I think you're right Bleep: That's commun sense!
I'm adding a part of metallic pipe, so that the drain pipe will reach the correct length...

#5 ·
The MiniArt seem to be a more "affordable" alternative to the Verlinden building kits.
How do you think they compare?
Will watch this build with great interest as I am handier with kits and scratch builds.
Cheers!

#6 ·
Hello Sealevel,

I'm not very keen on 1/35th buildings...
I just can say that Verlinden kits are made of resin parts, as Mini Art are plastic ones.
Verlinden kits are highly detailled but most of them feature complete ruins (not easily suitable for slot sceneries). They are quite expensive too...
Mini art kits are cheaper but look some more "crafty". Plastic is a poor quality and I broke many small parts by removing them from the sheet

#9 ·
Looking good. The extension on the downpipe looks like it was meant to be there. Will you be mounting the second shutter on the upper right window? And what plans for the windows? Leave them blank or add images to them for extra depth?

Embs

#18 ·
Happy, that is one fabulous French Cafe!

As you say, it fits better than the Verlinden ones since you did not have to "fix" the ruins.
Are there other buildings in such good condition in this line? I thought I saw a German building that was complete (not a ruin) that would be worth considering.

Keep up the good work .... we are all watching!
Cheers!

#23 ·
Some final picts introducing the pavement, a street light ant a road part (badly damaged).
Of course, it's not a definitive layout. It should take place later in a bigger scenery.

Just before the 1961 24 heures du Mans edition, Jean Guichet or Pierre Noblet goes for a through in the Sarthoise countryside in order to insure that the Ferrari is perfectly tuned and ready for the big race...

By crachepiquette at 2012-06-13

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.