SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
393 Posts
The Hawthorne Park Trans Am will take place at Hawthorne Park Slot Car Club, St Monicas Parish Centre, Bootle, Merseyside, L20 9JD on Friday 30th Sept/Saturday 1st October.

Practice will be on the Friday night commencing at 7:30pm til late and there will be some practice on the Saturday Morning from 9am Presentation will be after.

Catering will be avalible on the day and we will have food/drink for the Friday night and Saturday. Full rules are on our website here

PLEASE NOTE, We have dropped the Under 2L class

Could all drivers wishing to take part please post in this thread or PM me.

Accomodation is not a problem in Liverpool. There is a Premier inn at aintree which is near the club. There is also many more in central liverpool if you want to stay there

Thanks

Jake

· Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Drivers Confirmed so far:

Phil Clayton
Ted Martin
John Kellaway

· Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Drivers Confirmed so far:

Phil Clayton
Ted Martin
John Kellaway
Rob Davies

Some more people interested as we speak.

· Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Martin, Your name will go onto our list. Look forward to seeing you in september

All the best
Jake

· Registered
393 Posts
This event is Kindly being Sponsored By Copper Braid Products who make fantastic braid and we will have some on show on the day. Copper Braid Products

More names confirmed
Drivers Confirmed to date:

Phil Clayton
Ted Martin
John Kellaway
Rob Davies
Nic Hirst
Martin De'ath
Harry Smales
Gary

More drivers are to be confirmed with more interest in the event. Numbers are limited so get your place booked in today!

If there is anyone that I have missed out on this list, please PM me. And if anyone else is interested in entering this great event, feel free to do so.

Jake

· Registered
393 Posts
Hi Dave, the format and rules are the same as the Pendle one and can all be found on our website here

Basically, quallifying will determine which final you are put into (A,B,C) etc.. and the winner from the D final will go into the C Final automatically.

It would be great to have you down!
Thanks
Jake

· Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Phil Clayton
Ted Martin
John Kellaway
Rob Davies
Nic Hirst
Martin De'ath
Harry Smales
Gary Smales
Neil Hirst
Rob Mason
Phil Hayes.

Any more entries, pm me.

Jake

· Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
To Inform you, there will be a stall at the event with Copper Braid Products showing off and selling some of their new, high quality braid.

Contact Myself or Ruth Smart if there is any more questions regarding this

See you all in October (and some of you in September)

Jake

· Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
13 Entries as I will be running Race Control on the day, plus my car building skills are... well lets just say I cant build them...

We still have room for entries people. Also, feel free to post pictures of your cars on the forum. I will be posting event pictures on the website.

Sorry its been a bit quiet of recent, just been very busy at this time of year

· Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Martin, don't know if you are aware, but the dates are practice is Friday night and racing is sat morning. If anyone would like to post pictures of their cars, feel free.

Jake

· Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Right, now 14 entries as I have now entered after having a car supplied for me (thanks TCG)

Schedule for the day will be posted in the upcoming days

· Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Schedule for the day.
Frday 30th September
Free Practice - 7:30pm onwards

Sat 1st October

Doors open 9am

Practice 9am - 11:30am

Scrutineering 11:30am - 12 noon

Concors 12:00 - 12:30

Heats 12:45 - 3:00pm

Break 3:00pm - 3:15pm.

Finals: 3:15pm - 4:15pm

Presentation 4:15pm - 4:30pm

Food and Drinks will be avalible to buy (please let Brit Slot Nut know if you have any special requirements). Lunch will be avalible whilst scruitneering and concors is going on and for the start of the heats.

We are discussing having a meal afterwards and if anyone is intrested to go out for a meal after the racing at the club, please let me know.

Look forward to seeing you all, if you have any questions, let me know
Jake

· Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
1 Phil Clayton
2 Ted Martin
3 John Kellaway
4 Rob Davies
5 Nic Hirst
6 Martin De'ath
7 Harry Smales
8 Gary Smales
9 Rob Mason
10 Phil Hayes
11 Paul Cash
12 Bryan King
13 Jake D'Arcy
14 Bill Charters

Thank you to Bill for entering. This makes 14 entries with Neil going to watch the footy.

· Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
As Ted said, the track is can be very slippery. We are last gooped in the winter/spring. The track will be clean and have good levels of grip on 1st October, plus we have been laying some new tape down. Although a lot of you know our track, here are some details. Length apricot 100ft. Built (sometime in the dark ages!!!!) Around 30/40 years ago. Surface - smooth gloss finnish - light layer of goop. power ran on copper tape. Power - 13.8V 5A. Each lane with individual power supplies. Timing DS racing model DS300 with red/green start lights and stop - go.boxes. there are some pictures on our website, including some of the HUMPBACK BRIDGE...

· Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
oops, sorry about my poor spelling last post. did it on my HTC phone so it likes to mess around with your words.

Out of intrest, with just over 3 weeks left to go, what cars are you all running?

· Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Intresting choices there. I am using a donated car thanks to Phil.

Race fee's will be collected on the day. If you need directions, please visit the club website or PM me.

Jake

· Registered
393 Posts
Just to let you know of another change, we intend to run the heats at a longer length to maximise track time. The heats will therefore now be 5 mins long.

Look forward to seeing you on 1st, Doors open 9am. Practice finishes at 11am. We will let you book your practice slots on the day to make track time fair to everyone.

· Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Full results from quallifying, the heats and the finals are online now at our website. www.hawthorneclub.org.uk

Thanks to you all for a great day's racing (even if it was a bit on the warm side)

Pictures will be online in the upcoming days

Jake

· Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
We appreciate all of the positive comments on the trans am and personally and on behalf of the club, I would like to thank Phil Hayes, John Kellaway, Ted Martin and Phil Clayton for all of their commitment into this event. We all worked on the track and sorting out the pit room and other arrangements and it could not have been possible without them. Thanks guys.
We want to run more of these events in the future, the trans am series is a very good class to race. Also thanks to nic from pendle slot racing for bringing the score tower and helping out on the race control along with myself and Phil C.

We will look into new formats for the future... It is intresting racing different styles of races like first to 20 laps.

· Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Thank you for your comments. The finals will probably be ran to laps next time, it was just impossible to do on the spreadsheet and get the resuts online quickly.

We hope to run more events next year and I think that the trans am ran well in series with Pendles event. We would look to set a date where there are no clashes next year as I know how busy this weekend was.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.