SlotForum banner
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

· Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Right, now 14 entries as I have now entered after having a car supplied for me (thanks TCG)

Schedule for the day will be posted in the upcoming days

· Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Schedule for the day.
Frday 30th September
Free Practice - 7:30pm onwards

Sat 1st October

Doors open 9am

Practice 9am - 11:30am

Scrutineering 11:30am - 12 noon

Concors 12:00 - 12:30

Heats 12:45 - 3:00pm

Break 3:00pm - 3:15pm.

Finals: 3:15pm - 4:15pm

Presentation 4:15pm - 4:30pm

Food and Drinks will be avalible to buy (please let Brit Slot Nut know if you have any special requirements). Lunch will be avalible whilst scruitneering and concors is going on and for the start of the heats.

We are discussing having a meal afterwards and if anyone is intrested to go out for a meal after the racing at the club, please let me know.

Look forward to seeing you all, if you have any questions, let me know
Jake

· Premium Member
1,317 Posts
This is the last call for vegan, vegitarian or the lactose intollerant!

I will have some simple sandwiches, beef lasagne, tea, coffee and cold beverages available. All at reasonable rates!
Toast is a problem because of the smoke alarms!
If you require anything else can you PM me and I will try to accomodate you!

Cheers

BSN

Wot no GARLIC BREAD!

· Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
1 Phil Clayton
2 Ted Martin
3 John Kellaway
4 Rob Davies
5 Nic Hirst
6 Martin De'ath
7 Harry Smales
8 Gary Smales
9 Rob Mason
10 Phil Hayes
11 Paul Cash
12 Bryan King
13 Jake D'Arcy
14 Bill Charters

Thank you to Bill for entering. This makes 14 entries with Neil going to watch the footy.

· Premium Member
1,317 Posts
two things;

Neil, I can give your new creation a run if needs be!! (as mine is still on the shelf.........in Nelson!)

Jake, that was a bit strong, stretching the definition saying he was going to watch footy, after all it is Burnley!

See you soon

BSN

· Registered
1,821 Posts
After speaking to Nic,it seems some people are under the impression that we run goop at HPSCC and are wary of messing up their cars. This is perfectly understandable. The fact is we do goop the track(not the cars) but we only run a very thin layer-without it the track is very slippy! Also we only "goop up" once or twice a year anyway and then we carefully run it in with some old Parma cars we keep just for that purpose. If you run at HPSCC your cars will be as clean as at any goopless track-ask NIC!
Regards,
TED.....

· Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
As Ted said, the track is can be very slippery. We are last gooped in the winter/spring. The track will be clean and have good levels of grip on 1st October, plus we have been laying some new tape down. Although a lot of you know our track, here are some details. Length apricot 100ft. Built (sometime in the dark ages!!!!) Around 30/40 years ago. Surface - smooth gloss finnish - light layer of goop. power ran on copper tape. Power - 13.8V 5A. Each lane with individual power supplies. Timing DS racing model DS300 with red/green start lights and stop - go.boxes. there are some pictures on our website, including some of the HUMPBACK BRIDGE...

· Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
oops, sorry about my poor spelling last post. did it on my HTC phone so it likes to mess around with your words.

Out of intrest, with just over 3 weeks left to go, what cars are you all running?

· Registered
4,084 Posts
Hi Jake.
I will use either my Camaro/HRS 1 or Baracuda/HRS 2, they went well at Pendle so I am hoping for a reasonable run as a first timer at Hawthorne Park. I hope the 'goop' effect does not give mental grip levels, I have run on partialy gooped tracks before, and never found it works for me. What tyres do you 'home' guys use NSR Ultra's?
Cheers Bill.

· Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Intresting choices there. I am using a donated car thanks to Phil.

Race fee's will be collected on the day. If you need directions, please visit the club website or PM me.

Jake

· Phil Clayton
917 Posts
Just to re-iterate the dimensions allowed for our inaugural TransAm meeting.

Maximum body width (including wheel arches) = 64mm.

Front wheels and tyres: Min diameter 18mm. Min overall width 6mm

Rear wheels and tyres: Min diameter 19mm. Max overall width 9mm (not contact patch)

Minimum ground clearance of the chassis and body between the wheels is 2mm (no ground hugging 'sleds').

If any other rules require clarification please PM me.

Cheers!
Phil

· Phil Clayton
917 Posts
Another rules clarification

I've had one or two queries as to what constitutes a 'fantasy' livery.
Basically its like this, if it didn't run in period ('66 - '72) then it's not a 'proper' livery.

This also goes for the cars too, if it didn't make a TransAm race from '66 - '72 (even if you think it should be), then it won't be racing on 1st October!

Documentary evidence will be accepted, but check your references guys!

Cheers

Phil

· Phil Clayton
917 Posts
QUOTE (Hobby @ 9 Sep 2011, 08:03) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Jake.
I will use either my Camaro/HRS 1 or Baracuda/HRS 2, they went well at Pendle so I am hoping for a reasonable run as a first timer at Hawthorne Park. I hope the 'goop' effect does not give mental grip levels, I have run on partialy gooped tracks before, and never found it works for me. What tyres do you 'home' guys use NSR Ultra's?
Cheers Bill.

Bill,
The jury is still out on what tyres to use for this event. Treated NSRs will probably give mental grip levels. Nic reckons he's going to run slot.it F22s, early indications are this might be a very grippy tyre too. Personally I'm going to be using slot.it C1s as they strike a nice balance. We may have more data after Friday.
As for the goop, well we recently cleaned the track and laid some new stuff down....but last Friday's race night saw us running box-standard scalex GTs plus modified LeMans racers and they came away clean. Another meeting this Friday should see the track in ideal condition for the TransAm event.

Which cars will I be using? Well I'm hoping to have a fleet of 6 present. Some of which will be loaners to other club members. All are PCS chassied, motors vary tho', all will be on C1s, and will comprise a '68 Camaro, 2 '69 Camaros and .......3 others which I'm keeping a secret from my club associates. Lets just say there'll be a surprise or two

Hope you enjoy your visit.
Cheers
Phil

· Phil Clayton
917 Posts
More info for those interested.
Jake posted the running order previously with approx times.
Just to emphasise that they are approximate timings and the running order will be roughly as follows -
Free Practice (10 mins per entrant, but you should be able to have more than one session).
Followed by
Qualifying (solo runs, 4 laps from a rolling start, your best time determines which group you race in)
Then the off track activities including Concours
After refreshments
Heat races, 4 racers to a group, race on every lane in rotation. 3 minutes, cumulative laps counted up.
Then the finals
Lane pick according to finishing position in heats

And finally presentation time!

Cheers!

Phil

· Registered
4,084 Posts
Hi Phil
Thanks for the information, most of the regular CSCRA guys tend to use NSR Ultragrips, but the grip level may well be to great to use these.
I do have another problem though. It appears you intend to be very strict in your 'allowed liveries', your post #35 seems to indicate genuine real Trans Am only liveries. In which case, neither of my 'Trans Am's' qualify!!
My Camaro is a proper race livery, but it's Bob Jane's Austalian Saloon series winner circa 71/72.
My Barracuda is a 'proto typical' trans am, not based on any original car.
Perhaps you would be so kind and let me know if either model is 'legal' (it is a long trip for a non start!!)
Cheers Bill.

· Premium Member
1,317 Posts
Hi All,

Final clarification of rules.

After much discussion we have decided to allow all non period and fantasy liveried cars to compete on this occasion only.

Only period liveried cars will be eligible for the Concourse D'Elegance prize.

Technical rules will be strictly applied.

Our aim is make this as enjoyable as possible for all. If you require any further advice please contact any of Hawthorne Park's members, we are all here to help.

We hope that all entrants appreciate what we are trying to achieve and still feel able to participate in the spirit of the event.

Tyres and goop

I run NSR ultras in our other race classes which are not the correct profile and they work very well, my race car will not be running NSRs though.
F22s with a higher profile and oiled are also very good.

the c1 compound also performs well in the allowed profile.

The current situation on the goop front; I know there have been a few enquiries from concerned people, so let me put your minds at rest. There is now a completely dry and reasonably grippy racing line around all of the corners. Off line there is still some tacky goop, so if you plan to drift your way round the track you may find it difficult. Offline the goop is tacky but almost dry to the touch. This will not lift into the cars.

Hope this all helps, if you need any advice post here or PM for secret local knowledge!!! to the highest bidder of course.

Our track is pretty well balanced with one long straight and some technical corners. The bridge is a challenge which can be quickly mastered and is consistent in each lane. For gear ratio I would suggest mid to high ratios rather than outright top speed.

See you soon

BSN

21 - 40 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.