SlotForum banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

· Registered
393 Posts
Just to let you know of another change, we intend to run the heats at a longer length to maximise track time. The heats will therefore now be 5 mins long.

Look forward to seeing you on 1st, Doors open 9am. Practice finishes at 11am. We will let you book your practice slots on the day to make track time fair to everyone.

· Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Full results from quallifying, the heats and the finals are online now at our website. www.hawthorneclub.org.uk

Thanks to you all for a great day's racing (even if it was a bit on the warm side)

Pictures will be online in the upcoming days

Jake

· Premium Member
859 Posts
The first Trans Am event at Hawthorne park was great fun with some close racing. It was well run and the catering was brilliant. Really friendly club that made us all feel welcome.

Well done to Ted, Phil, Jake, John and his wife for the hard work involved in such an event.

Just to folow on from this event we have confirmed a date for the Pendle Pony car wars Trans Am on the 7th and 8th of April 2012. Further details will follow on the forum soon.

All the best and well done to all who entered the event was a brilliant day.

Nic

· Registered
4,084 Posts
Hi Hawthorne Park.
Enjoyed your first CSCRA style event very much. Well organised, friendy atmosphere, and good close racing.
Catering and refreshments were first class. The small track glitches were solved using common sense (an uncommon sense thes days!) Well done to all the winners and placemen, Nick must stop beating us all with an humble PCS chassis, we must make him use something more 'racy' in future!!
Only advice for next year would be run 4 minute heats and go for set lap step up (20 lap?) finals, and look at a semi B final where 2 go up to the main A final.
Whatever you go with, I would be happy to come again to Hawthorne park, well done chaps!
P S.
Ian, if my motor wire had not become detached by a 'prang' in my second heat..all the step up final heroics would not have been required!!
thanks and regards Bill.

· Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
We appreciate all of the positive comments on the trans am and personally and on behalf of the club, I would like to thank Phil Hayes, John Kellaway, Ted Martin and Phil Clayton for all of their commitment into this event. We all worked on the track and sorting out the pit room and other arrangements and it could not have been possible without them. Thanks guys.
We want to run more of these events in the future, the trans am series is a very good class to race. Also thanks to nic from pendle slot racing for bringing the score tower and helping out on the race control along with myself and Phil C.

We will look into new formats for the future... It is intresting racing different styles of races like first to 20 laps.

· Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Thank you for your comments. The finals will probably be ran to laps next time, it was just impossible to do on the spreadsheet and get the resuts online quickly.

We hope to run more events next year and I think that the trans am ran well in series with Pendles event. We would look to set a date where there are no clashes next year as I know how busy this weekend was.

· Phil Clayton
917 Posts
Ian,
Lunch break indeed!!!
Yes we were lucky that everything ran pretty much to schedule and our timetabled lunch-break allowed participants a bit of time away from the track.
Start time was 9am, we ran 15 entrants through a practice, qualifying, race heats and finals and were finished by approx 4.30pm!
Considering this was the first event of this type that we've ran, we were pleased it went so well.
Phil

· Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
As Phil said, we ran very smoothly and even had about 30 mins or so for a break after qualifying. Nic and co utilised the time for snooker practice in the pit room! Another factor was the heat in the race room. It was VERY hot.

I think everyone had a great time and the break fitted in well with the schedule.

· Premium Member
1,317 Posts
Thanks again to everyone who took part this year and we hope to see you all again next year, when we sort the date out.

Just a few things to clear up;

Nic - I have the trophy and will return it next time I come up!

Rob D - can you PM to sort out the Concourse prize.

Cheers

John

· Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
I am currently in the process of compiling a slideshow of all the images, some you have seen, some you have not...
( and may not want to see in John's case
)

· Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·

Here is the URL for the compilation video with all of the pictures.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.