SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Tony Condon
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys
Not sure if any of you can help with this ,but there have been a couple of attempts using scalextric track to break the scalextric LSR record ,notably a couple of years ago at chatsworth
I think the event was run by members of the NSCC
We are holding a model car festival down at Haynes motor museum in somerset on july 11/12
Adrian norman of scalextric has kindly agreed that we can borrow the LSR track but cant provide any one to run the event
.We have 3- 400 feet of hard standing we can put the track on which is considerably flatter than the field at chatsworth ,so it should be very possible to break the time set at chatswoorth .what we need however is some one to put a team together to run this over the weekend
Preferably it would be people who have done this before
Is there any one out there willing to do this ?
If so please PM me

Cheers tony

·
Tony Condon
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Peter
I suspect there are folk in the NSCC that know considerably more about this than I do ,but since they seem to be hiding their light at present I will give a rough idea
the track will be delivered to haynes in somereset on friday 10th
It then needs to be assembled, around 300 feet of it, powered up, the timing system assembled and the track tested
On the saturday and sunday some runs will need to be organised whereby the public can bring their scalex /fly/ninco /slot it /scx cars and run them on the track to see who can go fastest.
There is a little money to be made from this to cover expenses
The track may or may not need to be dissmbled on saturday night ,dependant on the weather
On sunday the track will need to be dissembled and packed up ready for delivery back to scalex
any one fancy it ?

Cheers tony

·
Tony Condon
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Guys
This event will run now as a result of NSCCs Paul atkins taking the responsibilty for running it
however even Paul seems to have been let down by some colleaugues who have dropped out at the 11th hour
Now I am sure that Paul would appreciate some help over the weekend so If any NSCC members are going down to haynes and fancy helping paul out over the weekend ,I am sure that he would be very pleased to see you
Put a bit of enthusiasm into your sport !

Cheers tony

1 - 4 of 4 Posts