SlotForum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Jim Moyes
5,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just in case anybody wasn't aware, there is an hour long programme about last weekends Goodwood Revival meeting straight after the Grand Prix on ITV at 3.10pm. I don't think it's a regional thing either as I heard it mentioned on yesterdays F1 qualifying coverage.

I'm hoping they show Sundays saloon car race, a real David & Goliath battle! Now I've given away the ending!

Mr.M

·
Registered
446 Posts
I didn't know about anything 'bout Goodwood on TV today!
Just got a Fly 'Vette Speedvision A544 off Ebay for £19.00 inc. P&P-Mint cond. Saving £20!
Lookin forward to it getting here-anybody got any tips to make it run quicker without changing any parts?

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
One way and another, I manafed to miss the GP but thoroughly enjoyed the old saloons at Goodwood. Regardless of the race result, for me, it was just great to see that pair of DKWs - a long time since I had seen one - lovely.

I would just add that I found the whole Goodwood racing series a lot more satisfying to watch, as a visual spectacle, than the faster lapping F1s of today. I think the simple fact of everything being a little bit slower affords both cameramen and viewers a much better (longer) opportunity to let our gaze linger on the cars and the way they behave on the track.
Absolutely top class, really entertaining stuff.

·
Jim Moyes
5,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great though the shown saloon car race was, the Sunday race was, for me, much better! As could be seen from the brief clip shown, the little red A35 and the Mk1 Jag were nose to tail and swapping the lead for the greater part of the race. I can only suppose that the ITV directors were more interested in massaging the ego of their own presenter ,Tony Jardine, than showing the better race. Aah well, at least you got the chance to see the wonderful sight of Gerry Marshall chucking the Alvis Grey Lady around.

Only 51 weeks till the next one!

Mr.M

·
Premium Member
3,083 Posts
Typical! The greatest display of arse-out driving I have seen in my life and ITV ignore it. To anyone who was there "sideways" Evans in the Jag was absolutely the canine round things - even better than Gerry Marshall. Ah well I'll just have to buy the official video when it comes out.

Brian

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Great to see the racing and the event on TV! Now I understand what people were talking about when they said that Goodwood Festival of Speed and Goodwood revival are 2 different things... though I'm probably more a 'festival of sped' type chap

Thought that was an amazing F1 today too by the way - it actually WAS amazing that there were any ferraris on the podium!

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Thanks for the tip, people- I managed to tape it (over Jason and the Argonauts from several Christmasses ago) and I'm looking forward to seing it in full fuzzy colour tonight. I certainly would have missed it without your message, Mr M.
Personally I'm happy to see anything- I was only there for the Saturday, so that fab Saloon race will be a nice souvenir.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I always fing GP so boring! i wach the start to see if anyone goes arse over tet on the first bend but then i wait for the rally, saloons/touring and certainly NOT bikes.

Goodwood was great on TV!

Doug

1 - 11 of 11 Posts