SlotForum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks

Real name is Jim, work and live in North West of England, just moved up from London where I raced at Molesey SC, with a fine bunch of fellas. Ive been out of the scalex scene for a year whilst moving home and settling down to a new way of life. Just in the process of having a house built with an adequate loft... and Ill have a track set up (soon to purchase all I need).

I wondered across this forum a few months ago - Ive taken a few hints and tips from the messages posted and kinda like what I see and hear on here.

I might not be the most knowledgeable and will occasionally ask a few questions in the required feilds.

Cheers

Cools

·
Registered
325 Posts
Welcome Jim!

Where abouts in the northwest? Me being from that area.

Burnley myself, we have a couple of clubs round here. if you're interested

James

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey James...

I live and work in Clitheroe..... wife works on Network 65 Burnley.... Having house built in Accy.... near Moscow Mill...

Would love to join a local club.... the job holds me back tho - I work back shift which is an

Given time tho - Im sure the job will change.... and will get a sensible amount of social time to race at a club... I see a few around the area...

I would certainly love to have a look tho... any you would recommend??

CoolS

Inte.... Rowland??? hmmm,,, must be his handle not his real name - I know Domejudd (Phill) owner of the TT raceway - hes the only one I seen on here so far..

PS - love the festa m8 - Ill be in Birkenhead for the weekend - Matthews street festival gonna be kickin even if it is rainin.....

Cheers

Cools

·
Registered
325 Posts
Cool!

Theres a club in Nelson called Pendle Slot Car Club. Chap called Sean runs it along side his business which is slot cars! http://www.pendleslotracing.co.uk

Theres also a club in Preston, look out for a guy called slot-tech in this forum, thats Jim - he runs it.

Both are friendly clubs - I'll email you more details tommorrow

Jimmie

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hi Cool,
welcolme to the forum. i have nevery raced at molesley but i have met a few of their members, don stanley, julian edwards and jamie pleasance. all pretty useful drivers. as you now live in the northwest it will be great to see you at pendle or preston one evening for a race? if your shift work allows. GRAH 1 lives in your area and may give you a lift. as james pointed out we are all very friendly here in lancashire.
jim.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow... small world - yeah - I know Julian, Don and Jamie..... havent seen the fellas in a while... I keep checking the TT raceway site for updates on how the championship is going down there.... good club they've got - friendly fellas... The one thing about the club is the track - Its the only routed wooden track ive driven on and it trained me to set cars up real well.... you have to set cars up tight for it to go real well - and that commutes over to plexi track (which Im in no doubt you guys already know).

I know Pendle - been there a couple times since moving up here - but never to a race night... Ive only ever seen the track in the shop. Im trying not to go to the shop to often at the minute..... Ive got money to spend but no "house" yet...

As soon as Im in a position to go to a race night (or practice) Ill let you fellas know on here a few days before and we'll get something organised - which ever night will depend on the club I suppose. It'll be good to make a few friends with a similar interest and meet in the flesh. Ive no probs with needing a lift, got a couple of MG's to run about in.

Have a gr8 bank holiday weekend fellas...

CoolS

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hi Cool,
the track at preston was designed and built by the same manufacture as molesley, MDF, polyurthane & steel braid. so you would be right at home. (pretty tough on braids, remember that?)
jim.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Guys...

Have finally got a night off where I havent got other commitments....

This Friday 10th Sep - Does either Preston or Pendle run anything on Friday night...
I have dug out my racing box and my club cars.... would love to have a run and meet with you guys.... Wifes ok'd it and would probably come too....

or

I have looked on both sites... but cant find race night times... (maybe cos Im knackered)

Apologies for short Notice

CoolS
AKA Jim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts