Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Joined today after years of after work relexation, surfing this forum. I am a proud tyke and have spent all my life in engineering and surrounded by cars. Years ago my Dad got me a Airifix set for Christmas, this quickly grew until work and all lifes distractions distractions took on importance. 14 years ago high on the list Christmas list of my son was Scalextric and i could not believe the difference suffice to say after a few days it was already growing and with in a week i was allowed to board out the loft and build a layout although a w construction loft with a degree of line of sight limitations the layout is approximatley 86 feet per lane. I continually mean to extend still further and have landscape but each visit results in racing with the cars. Although my son is now grown up he ocassionally has a go just to set a fastest lap that either take months to beat or i just surrender gracefully. This hobby has also been a boon to my wife who now has no problems getting me a present, usually a kit to build. On a lighter note when my daughter asks for directions i reply you would get lost on the scalextric track.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts