SlotForum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just got back into the world of Slot Car Racing after spending my teens and early 20s doing the things that young men do. I cannot believe how the quality of the cars, track and scenery have developed and have become so life like in that time. They are now at such a level that, with some of the tracks you guys have, the pictures you post take on a very real appearance.

I have been an avid reader of this site since my girlfriend purchased me a Scalextric set last Christmas and I have been lucky enough to have had an SSD set this Christmas which has made me even more interested in the hobby. I just hope that I can, at some stage, build a permanent track that will have some of the looks that you guys have managed to create in yours.

Keeping posting your pics to ensure noobies like me have something to aim for.

Stoneman

·
Alan Tadd
4,030 Posts
Welcome Stoneman, I'm sure you will enjoy it here.

Nice to get back intio a Hobby after a long break. No doubt you have noticed some changes!....

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I certainly have noticed a few changes but I am lucky in that my local hobby shops (in London) seem to carry most of the main makes. I was brought up on purely Scalextric but just looking at some of the models that Fly make has certainly whetted my appetite to purchase some more vehicles.

Now, to work out how to change them to digital.......

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE (stoneman_pub @ 10 Jan 2005, 14:10)I certainly have noticed a few changes but I am lucky in that my local hobby shops (in London) seem to carry most of the main makes. I was brought up on purely Scalextric but just looking at some of the models that Fly make has certainly whetted my appetite to purchase some more vehicles.

Now, to work out how to change them to digital.......
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi,
I'm new to the hobby and was hoping you would share some adresses of your local hobby shops in london you refer to in your post?
regards,
lours

1 - 8 of 8 Posts