SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello good evening ,
I have just started to complie all the equipment for a SSD system and today my advanced power base thingey arrived. I bought it without a power supply as we have several here . but where would i find the correct connector pin and is ti sleeve for positive or the other way round . Also I am very keen on upgrading (pb pro or h )so is that worth doing before getting to carried away
thanks in advance
Will

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello and good evening .
I have a switch mode 15v 8a power supply and have wired it up when i turn on it just shuts the power supply down after flashing lights on apb .
has anybody else experienced this ? What am i missing here ?
thanks in advance will

·
Prof I T
11,196 Posts
hi
is the psu a dc output.???

Also if you feed 8amp's into one socket you still need another plug into the second socket to fool the pb into giving the full power to the rails,as it is supposed to be 4amps per socket.

The second socket need only be a blank plug for it to work ok.

·
Prof I T
11,196 Posts
hi
running both plugs will mean that you have enough current or power to run six cars,but the power supply unit(psu) needs to be dc output and not ac output.

The pin wiring needs to be as described and shown in the post made by keeto,ie the centre has to be + positive or red in colour and negative has to be the outer face of the plug -negative or black in colour.

If all the connections are done as described and the output is dc and the psu is 15v with a 8 amp output the pb is good to go,if you still get flashing lights and no power to the rails then it must be a faulty unit....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello
I think my problem was the power supply .
I have just been to the model shop and bought a hornby one to test with it all works .
I will Go by a nice big supply in the week thanks for the help .
all best
will

·
Digital "Tea Boy"
777 Posts
I found these in the meantime. It's for the Toshiba laptop PSU that some members use with their APB. Just put some banana plugs on the end and you're good to go.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.