SlotForum banner

Hello from Münster (Germany)

1K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Frankie 
#1 ·
Hi, my name is Frank and I live in Germany near Münster.

I'm a newbie to Slotforum International, but I'm a slotracer for many many years and visited the forum sometimes as a guest.

I guess my story began at the age of five when I got my first small Carrera Universal132 oval track for Christmas. Being a little boy, it was only a dream to own a big racetrack permanently installed on a wooden panel. Well, now I am 53 and such a racetrack is in my cellar. I started building it in 2002 and gave it the "Albertona Speedway". It took about a year to do all the work on the track, the scenery and the wiring. The result was o.k. measured against my demands at the time, but it still had that kind of toy look.

Racing at "Albertona" was fun for a few years but then my interest faded. I was close to the decsion to tear it down completely and to use the room for a different hobby, when I stumbled over some images on slotforum international. I think it was an American enthusiast who had built an amazing track with a realistic looking scenery that took my breath. My ambition was awakened. I wanted to try if I could do something similar and coming close to that level of realistic scenery and detailing. That was in 2014.

The following years Albertona was converted into "Albertona Raceway Mark 2", step by step. Now we have 2021 and it is almost finished. I'd like to show you the results now and maybe talk about it, if you like.

Soon I'm going to start a new topic under "track & scenery" on this forum with my images and words ( if I manage to handle it)

keep on racin'

your's Frank

See less See more
#8 ·
Hi Frankie and welcome! Looking forward to seeing your pictures
thumbsup.gif

#14 ·
Hello Frank,

welcome and greetings from Ireland..

looking forward to seen your layout..

Have fun, Silvio
Hi Frankie and welcome! Looking forward to seeing your pictures
thumbsup.gif
Hi!

pictures can now be found in my other post :"Albertona Speedway Mark2 presentation"

Maybe somebody can explain to me how I can easily refer to another post on the forum. Sorry, I'm a newbie.

Frank

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.