Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everyone! I just wanted to post a few lines and introduce myself, as I have just joined the forum. I don't have a track yet, but are planning to build one in my basement over the next few months. I have been away from slot car racing for quite a while, but have fond memories of when my brother and I set up our track in my parents house as kids and would race for hours. That was 35-40 years ago and I haven't raced since, but always wanted to.

I have been involved with cars in one way or another over the years, I have a 1/1 scale Land Rover which has seen plenty of action, and I also have a number of R/C cars, both racers and off-road crawlers.

I have noticed how far Slot Car racing has come since my brother and I was racing our analog Revell set as kids, and I really want to get a digital track set up in my basement. I haven't bought a set yet - I have to clear out some space in the basement and build a table first, see how much room I have, and go from there. I am leaning towards a Scalextric digital set at this time, as a matter of fact I already have two Scalextric Range Rovers sitting on the shelf with my R/C cars, just waiting for me to build a track.

So at this time, I am a complete newbie at Slot Car racing, and will initially be spending most of my time on the site reading through existing threads, looking at pictures and getting ideas. Once I get my basement space ready and get closer to purchasing a racing set, I expect I will be coming back with some questions for the experts, which I hope you won't mind. But I will of course use the search function first.....

·
David Jessett
255 Posts
Welcome from the UK. If you can't find the answer to your questions here, you are unlikely to be able to find it anywhere else and people are very friendly. Whether it is about Digital track design or race managment software or doing the scenic thing with your track there will be expertise around.

Best wishes

David

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I am reading up on race management software now. I work in IT, so a digital track and aftermarket management software is right up my alley. Right now my rough plans are to clean up my basement, build a table, set up one of my spare PC's for race management, get a Scalextrix digital platinum race set, add a simple pit lane and go from there.

Scenery will come later, i'll probably limit that to a few buildings and some figures for now until I get some races under my belt, find out what kind of layout works for my space and come up with something that I am happy with that can be made into a more permanent layout.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Welcome,
What part of New Jersey are you from? I run 100' of Carrera Digital in my basement. Let know what you need, there are about 15 good solid dealers in our area and a lot near Philly.
Al

1 - 8 of 8 Posts