SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everyone! I just wanted to post a few lines and introduce myself, as I have just joined the forum. I don't have a track yet, but are planning to build one in my basement over the next few months. I have been away from slot car racing for quite a while, but have fond memories of when my brother and I set up our track in my parents house as kids and would race for hours. That was 35-40 years ago and I haven't raced since, but always wanted to.

I have been involved with cars in one way or another over the years, I have a 1/1 scale Land Rover which has seen plenty of action, and I also have a number of R/C cars, both racers and off-road crawlers.

I have noticed how far Slot Car racing has come since my brother and I was racing our analog Revell set as kids, and I really want to get a digital track set up in my basement. I haven't bought a set yet - I have to clear out some space in the basement and build a table first, see how much room I have, and go from there. I am leaning towards a Scalextric digital set at this time, as a matter of fact I already have two Scalextric Range Rovers sitting on the shelf with my R/C cars, just waiting for me to build a track.

So at this time, I am a complete newbie at Slot Car racing, and will initially be spending most of my time on the site reading through existing threads, looking at pictures and getting ideas. Once I get my basement space ready and get closer to purchasing a racing set, I expect I will be coming back with some questions for the experts, which I hope you won't mind. But I will of course use the search function first.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I am reading up on race management software now. I work in IT, so a digital track and aftermarket management software is right up my alley. Right now my rough plans are to clean up my basement, build a table, set up one of my spare PC's for race management, get a Scalextrix digital platinum race set, add a simple pit lane and go from there.

Scenery will come later, i'll probably limit that to a few buildings and some figures for now until I get some races under my belt, find out what kind of layout works for my space and come up with something that I am happy with that can be made into a more permanent layout.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.