SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Sunny South Africa

Its amazing to see how large and helpful the slot racing community abroad is, as compared to little us in Johannesburg South Africa.

I am extremely new to Slot Racing and how my son and I enjoy it. I am by every means a total beginner and have the 1:43 Carrera Go Final Lap F1 series, with a recently purchased extension set.

The main reason for my presence here, is I have tried to search the forums for an issue I have with very little success.

Myself and my son, assembled the set as we previously do, but for some reason all out of nowhere, one controller powers both tracks (or both cars).

The power supply can only connect to the slot in its designated plug (it is keyed to fit in only one way, and only it is designated plug).

Either controller, on either of the two plugs, also powers both tracks (or both cars).

I am so confused and so lost as to what to do.

Can someone please help :(

Kind regards

Hussy

·
Jim Moyes
5,056 Posts
Does the set come with crossover tracks?

And if it does, have you used them in pairs?

Odd number crossovers convert a two lane track into one double length lane!

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jim

The Extension set does come with cross over tracks. I only used one this time, and when I added a second one now it solved the problem, Thank you so so much I sincerely appreciate it. It did cross my mind, but when one looks at the cross-over tracks, the metal rails (actual conductor portions) don't cross, there is like a break in them. Adding a second one did solve my problem through, thank you again :)

Kindest regards

Hussy

80 Posts
Good evening Hussy,

Welcome to the best Slot car forum around,most informative and all members very willing to help where help is required .

I have been a member for a couple of years now.I also live in South Africa (weltevreden Park,Roodepoort.I have a wooden routed track which i built some 27 years ago.

Hope to hear from you.([email protected])

Hi to all SLOTFORUM member,Wishing you and all your family's a merry christmas an a prosperous 2020.
banana.gif
thewave.gif

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.