SlotForum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and thanks for the add. I'm building a track with my kids as a 'lockdown' project and just wanted to say how grateful I am to this forum and its contributors for all the information it has provided. Having never owned a Scalextric set, even as a kid, or done any sort of model making it has been quite steep learning curve but we are getting there with our Northern Italian mountain theme in 1:24 scale (Carrera digital).

The build is progressing based on this design; it's 38metres(ish):

Rectangle Font Parallel Art Magenta

I think we have broken the back of it now and I'm hoping it will be ready for my lad's 7th birthday at the end of May but it's going to be tight as all this home schooling is getting in the way ;-).

If anyone is interested I have taken notes and pics since the start of the build and will add them to the relevant bit of this forum when I get a moment. To give you an idea we have got to this stage on the main layout:

World Urban design Wood Art Font

Cheers and best regards to you all

John

Attachments

· Premium Member
1,700 Posts
Welcome John, that is an impressive first up build, I reckon your 7 year old would learn more from this build than any home school lessons, you could create a budding Engineer with this project
thumbsup.gif
, 1/24 scale! very impressive I look forward to watching your build and more importantly the racing
biggrin.png

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome John, that is an impressive first up build, I reckon your 7 year old would learn more from this build than any home school lessons, you could create a budding Engineer with this project
thumbsup.gif
, 1/24 scale! very impressive I look forward to watching your build and more importantly the racing
biggrin.png
Cheers, my lad loves his construction and the missus is an engineer (chemical, not electrical/mechanical unfortunately!) so I have high hopes for him!

· Premium Member
1,700 Posts
Cheers, my lad loves his construction and the missus is an engineer (chemical, not electrical/mechanical unfortunately!) so I have high hopes for him!
Good luck, my youngest was the same age when I got back into Slot Cars with a Christmas gift back in 2006, he is now 21 and the other 3 are older and moving on with marriages, mortgages etc. (no doubt grand kids after this lock down
innocent.gif
, plus one of mine is an Engineer as well, Civil ) enjoy the ride, while it feels like such a stretch, it is such a fleeting moment when we look back, but fun
biggrin.png

Where on the planet are you? hope all are safe etc.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers! - I'm in the UK, near Ludlow

Good luck, my youngest was the same age when I got back into Slot Cars with a Christmas gift back in 2006, he is now 21 and the other 3 are older and moving on with marriages, mortgages etc. (no doubt grand kids after this lock down
innocent.gif
, plus one of mine is an Engineer as well, Civil ) enjoy the ride, while it feels like such a stretch, it is such a fleeting moment when we look back, but fun
biggrin.png

Where on the planet are you? hope all are safe etc.

· Premium Member
1,700 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I visit Mod Lang in Ludlow a few times a year, if your into Vinyl it's a superb shop
banana.gif
I like my music and have treated myself to a couple of bits and pieces from Mod Lang, great shop. My love of vinyl caused me quite a few headaches on this project as the track share a room with my hifi, I'll spare you the details but valve phono stages and Carrera power supplies did not get along.
censored.gif

· Premium Member
3,007 Posts
Welcome John, always nice to see another slotted from Shropshire, we're up in Horsehay just around the corner from the steam railway.

That's a great start, very rally is. I'm guessing the Mille Miglia or Targa Florio have been an influence.

Keep up the good work, you've got a whole week.

Simon

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.