SlotForum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Joined up a while back, but kept my mouth shut for a while. Joined up because some of the other boards are a little too "Amerocentric" at times, and I am a Brit ex-pat living in Texas. Don't have a problem with mono-nation forums, but like the multi-national thing a lot more.

About me:
I first got Scalextric when I was 2 in 1965. Dad got the set second-hand; rubber track. Trashed the cars, but started buying new ones when I could afford it. I never stopped. I still come home once or twice a year, and have been known to meet other slotters at swap meets etc...

Moved to the US in 1996. Brough my stuff with me. Race with friends a lot. Started a club which outgrew our houses, so opened a shop to support more space. 4 years later, the club is huge (120+ people, 4 tracks), and the shop's revenue is greater than its expenses!

Commercial free club site is at:

www.HSARC.net

Any slotter from anywhere is welcome. Won't mention the shop name, but you can find us if you look for us....

Russ

·
Alan Tadd
4,030 Posts
Hi Russ

Welcome to SlotForum, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here and join in some of the discussions.

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man! It's great to see some familiar names! I feel at home already! Thanks for the welcome!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Russ, I favor this site because it seems like the only one that isn't tilted toward any particular "Brand" & they get everything before us in Texas so it's good to see what's coming!! It seems S&H sets & Lambo's at the moment. Just a bit north of you in Dallas. :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts