SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just rediscovered Scalextric after a lads 'race of champions' at a friends house a few weeks ago, I can't remember the last time I had so much fun indoors.

I have now introduced it at home under the guise of it being for the 11 year old (who is thankfully, loving it), though my partner seems to be enjoying it too. Currently it's just an older 'Formula 1' scalextric sport set I picked up from ebay for £20 (though I've already spent ~£150-200 on new cars
), though I will add to that soon. I had hoped to mix in my classic track from my childhood, but don't fancy sanding down the guides on newer cars. A more permanent layout has already been discussed for when we move house - hopefully we'll have a large space in the attic!

I'd love to find all of the Quattrox JGTC cars, I've read I can't post in the swap it forum until I reach 50 posts (this could take me some time) - I'll continue scouring ebay until I'm able to post in the relevant section.
I'm a bit of a Toyota Supra / Japanese car fan and would love to pick up the set (to run, not as shelf queens!).

If anyone knows of any clubs in the Coventry area, could they let me know? I have had a look but not found anything.

See you around,
Alex

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank Coop, it looks like they have a new website www.phoenixslotracingclub.co.uk - I've asked some questions on their discussion board on here.

I'm currently based in Earlsdon and that club is ~40 minutes away. I doubt I'll find any closer, but I'm all ears if any exist!

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Dude

Don't quote me (as I may have been misinformed) but I spoke to a long time Pheonix member last weekend and he's told me that Pheonix are not running at the moment.

I understand that they are running some magnet cars for youngsters at weekends, but thats about it.

Why don't you come and see us at Bearwood?

We've got a vibrant set of car classes that we race PLUS! we are running an classic 1970's F1 Championship in the Midlands at the moment.

We might just be right up your street?

Drop me a line to discuss?

See the relevent links in my signature below.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.