SlotForum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've been a some-time lurker (as a Guest) reading many of the interesting technical posts

Back in the day I used to have a Carrera slot-car track... and then a few years ago, my wife bought me a Scalextric (Classic) F1 set... I was the envy of my friends

I have been gradually introducing my son to slot-car racing, with some Scalextric Start, and more recently with some Scalextric Digital, both of us are loving it! I am still at the stage where I am finding out new stuff all the time about digital slot-car racing

Dan.

PS Just off to the 1:32 Scale Car sub-forum to get help on finding some car spares

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
Pendles stock most modern stuff. They advertise on the forum if you need a link. Welcome to the terribly addictive world of slot racing!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (RikoRocket @ 13 Jul 2012, 13:02) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Pendles stock most modern stuff. They advertise on the forum if you need a link. Welcome to the terribly addictive world of slot racing!

I will try them... but as it is the front and rear wings for a Ferrari F1 car... I suspect that they are probably on the shelf next to the hens-teeth

Yes, I'm finding that it is turning into a hobby that's getting as expensive as my 1:1 scale car "interest"... and space-consuming too!

Dan.

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Hi Dan and Welcome

Where in Surrey are you based?

We are blessed with many clubs in Surrey and i suspect many have members with spares for sales etc.

Might be worth popping to a local club to have a play.

Gareth

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
QUOTE (DrDan @ 13 Jul 2012, 13:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I will try them... but as it is the front and rear wings for a Ferrari F1 car... I suspect that they are probably on the shelf next to the hens-teeth

Yes, I'm finding that it is turning into a hobby that's getting as expensive as my 1:1 scale car "interest"... and space-consuming too!

Dan.

Have a search on the scalextric website, they did crash sets for a lot of F1 cars, if you can get the W number for the crash set then there are a few spares websites that keep these.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (JEXY1 @ 13 Jul 2012, 13:32) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Dan and Welcome

Where in Surrey are you based?

We are blessed with many clubs in Surrey and i suspect many have members with spares for sales etc.

Might be worth popping to a local club to have a play.

Gareth

Thanks for the welcome

I'm in West Byfleet. If I can find the time I'll certainly try and get along to a local meet... trouble is, I feel that might end up being expensive when I discover all those things I never realised I "needed"

Thanks,
Dan.

·
Registered
873 Posts
come to sdunny Molesey ... we're about 10 minutes from you
Permanent Ninco track recently laid down, 170 ft approx, 6 lane, not digital though... but im sure there will be people willing to help you out.
Club night thursdays from about 7.30, practice night most mondays.
drop me a pm
cheers
Peter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts