SlotForum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey. I am new to forum. I write from the Canary Islands. I show my race car competing on real sand (really, from sahara). the bodywork from a toy and a Touareg chassis is modified by hand, scx. I show you before and after the new decoration.
Excuse My language is not write very good English.
Please forum that pretty. Greetings from Canary Islands.

In case you know not this type of competition, I do not know if somewhere in the world, I refer you to a video of our championship .
Its de video on youtube

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
Hi there... And welcome to the Forum..

I am also into Off Road vehicles, Pickups, Trucks, Rally cars, etc, so a very intresting post.

The VW Beetle Baja offroader looks great..

The Video is excellent.... "Off Road" machines being driven on real sand, "Fantastic"... I especially like the Trucks, they look mean.
One thing.... Do you have to protect the motors at all from the sand ?..

Thank you for the post.

All the best.. Martin.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In the closed type engines cover their windows with tape. Even the holes for the mounting screws of the same. Open motors are a risk because they may choke.
The guide also has to be thinner.
The mechanical gears and there can be no trace of oil or grease.
The sand is more abrasive than the flour that we use normally and the mechanical tests, should be checked between stages and use quality components. The suspensions are to have better fit between parts to not get stuck in the sand.
The track is also fitted with springs instead of the original ninco rails.
It is not easy, but it is challenging to improve a car and lots of fun.
The easy option is wheat flour to simulate snow or toasted corn flour called "gofio" which is not harmful at all with the mechanics.

·
WRP World Champ 2015/2016
4,279 Posts
What a fantastic track in the video - a water jump, a rope bridge AND real Sahara sand. Do the guides have magnets in them? They seem to stick to the track braid very well.

Your Baja conversions are very good models. Congratulations ona. First class modification, and welcome to. The forum.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just magnets inside the motor only. Thank you all for your comments. I'm just a humble fan, there are preparations incredible in these championships, mine is the simplest.
Although there are categories for production cars.

·
Premium Member
3,377 Posts
I like the Beetles, they certainly look tough and ready for action
Really enjoyed the video, those Raid cars are great fun especially on a circuit like that and kicking up plenty of sand.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts