SlotForum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all!

Joe here from New Zealand, new to the forum but have been into and out of slots over the years, both HO and 1/24 Drag.

Scored a cheap box of tyco track/cars etc recently from an auction site.
Began setting up myself a layout.
Originally it was to be a hillclimb loop set up as seen below but with hairpins at each end to create the loop...

So I mocked it up with some polystyrene to see how it might look, but I soon thought about making it a loop and ended up at this.

This was awesome fun to drive, but I quickly decided that however fun I wasn't sure I really felt like embarking on a fully landscaped scenic track. Lots of work.

So I added another sheet of MDF, said goodbye to the supports and lengthened some straight and ended up here.

So that's what I ended up with, drives well, and should be easy to mount and make permanent.
Just thought I'd share, stay tuned for progress! :)

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Hey Joe,
Welcome to SF, that track looks good. Hope to see it progress as quick as uksqueeza, makes his appear is if by magic.
Simon

·
Andy Player
3,875 Posts
Nice design - should be a lot of fun in a small space. That's what HO is all about

Tyco track too? A lot of people run AFX track, but I do like the Tyco and have built a 4-lane oval with it.

I'm presuming with the NZ bit that you are in New Zealand? Or a Kiwi living elsewhere?

Keep posting your progress.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all for the welcome and kind words.

More and more laps have gone down on this setup now, and I'm still pretty confident that I won't tire with the design.

I look forward to buying some T-jets soon, as I'm sure they will be a lot of fun to slide around these corners, I used to have a couple new release T-jets somewhere but they must have gotten sold when I sold my AFX cars & track a few years back.

QUOTE (woodcote @ 2 Oct 2012, 00:05) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice design - should be a lot of fun in a small space. That's what HO is all about

Tyco track too? A lot of people run AFX track, but I do like the Tyco and have built a 4-lane oval with it.

I'm presuming with the NZ bit that you are in New Zealand? Or a Kiwi living elsewhere?

Keep posting your progress.

Yeah..I used to have AFX Track, but at this price for a whole boxfull and some cars I couldn't pass up

Actually I'm living in New Zealand but originally from UK, 7 years I've been out here now. Born in Nottingham and grew up in Leicestershire mainly.

·
Andy Player
3,875 Posts
How's the build going Joe?

The new realease Johnny Lightning and AutoWorld T-jets are great fun. If you're finding them a little tricky to keep on, I'd replace the rear tyres with silicones or JelClaws (the Tuff Ones size). Brass weights on the front wheels work well too - JW's Speed parts do some that work well (part F-16) and don't break the bank

We like the X-tractions too. They are faster, but still have the sliding action.

Have fun

1 - 7 of 7 Posts