SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys been browsing the site for a few weeks now 'n thought I'd drop in. Cant believe nobody has bagged my login name before! Isn't it the most coolest
racecar of all time?

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
HI, but have to disagree with the coolest race car of all time.

Stuff like the 555bhp touring cosworths and 650+bhp S4 Delta's kind of push it to one side hehe!

welcome to SF

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yep figured the avatar bit out, slected a picture of the right size/format but I cant seem to be able to upload it? what am I doing wrong?

Ok Inter, maybe I was a bit brash with the coolest racecar of all time thing, so here's some more:- Any CanAm car, the 512S, Any Ford that raced Le Mans, the Lotus 49 & 72, Any TransAm car, the 917K & LH's, Zakspeed Capris and of course the RS500's.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Welcome aboard GT40!

Enjoy yourself here!

Where are you from? Do you have a permanent race-track?
Give us something to talk about!

Greetz

Gunther

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All in time Gunther my friend, but yes I do have a permanant track in my garage using classic/scx which I've used because I wanted to use the pitstops (which I have widened/lengthened) Its around 55ft long and is taking shape in the scenery department as well. Will post some shots in the track section soon when I can figure out how to

Thanks for all your welcomes.

GT

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Hey GT!

Just back from the Le Mans Classic race meeting. More GT40s than you could shake a stick at!
And the sight of six of them at the head of a sixty strong pack rocketing past the pits on full beam from a night-time rolling start will remain forever etched in my mind. Never thought I'd get to see such a thing. Truly wild!

Get down!

Not to mention the pack of Porsche Carrera 6s scrabbling along behind- and the Greenwood Corvette, and the Cunningham C4R and and and......
The Daytona Cobra! The Lola Mk6 GT! and and and....
The Ferrari 512s, the Lola GTs, and and and...
The Alfa T33 that spun off into the gravel- Nooooo!

·
Registered
325 Posts
as you may have noticed, Mr McLaren here, dislikes the Ford Supercar... ignore him

welcome aboard!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow Howmet! I would have done almost anything to have seen that. Started going to the tracks just after their prime. Seen the odd one over the years but 6!!!!!

Why dose Mr Mclaren hate them so much?

Now help me out here guys, how do i post my personal avatar, its under 20k in the right format but it just wont upload.

Cheers guys, GT

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
GT40s look like sports and racing cars should do. My fav car too.

Get along to one of the Goodwood events (Festival of Speed or Revival), they usualy have about 3 GT40s driving, and you are allowed in the paddocks to see the cars and drivers when they are between races.

For the avata, try uploading the pic to some webspace. If you don't have any free webspace, you can use photobucket, then use a link for you avatar instead of uploading one to SF

·
David Moss
461 Posts
H, and welcome. Sorry for the delay but I am very slow at posting!

I've been a lurker here for a while now & you will find that these guys (& girls) are very helpful and really are a friendly bunch. They may have the odd 'strong view' but hay, don't we all.

Hope you enjoy your time here.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cheers Astro, having been to almost all of the Festival of speed events, I agree that there has been quite a few GT40's there over the years, but seeing them at le mans ala Howmet would have been something else,
dont you agree? When the 66 cars were over in 96 I had a very long chat with Lee Hollman Jnr of H&M fame who told me a few things that you dont read in the history books about the car, thats what I love about Americans they can talk for ever!

I missed the first festival because I didnt hear about it and didnt get to the 2001 event cause I was in the States, doing silly things like watching the Indy 500 and going to Pomona to see the 50th Aniversary NHRA Drag Races. Only done one of the Revival meetings though (the first one) where I think the 1966 cut off date is a bit limiting for my liking, however they did use Ford Motor Company's own Mk111 GT40 as a course car that year.

Sorry Astro but I dont really know enough about how to do the things you mention regarding my avatar problem
so I guess I'll be pictureless for a while.

GT

1 - 20 of 21 Posts