SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woah, I didn't realise there was a Scalextric club so close lol, I live in Finedon and go to Wellingborough to college (doing Mechanics course) once i'm driving would I be aloud to come along?

·
Matt Tucker
3,561 Posts
Yes you would definetley be most welcome. If travelling is a prob at the mo I'm sure one of the current members lives your way and can arrange a lift - if interested give me your details (PM me rather than post) and I'll ask.

Clubs got an open mtg on Tuesday and we do race nights Thursday. If you come next Thursday (23rd) we are doing an endurance race - you'll get a partner (so can race their car) and you'll get 28 mins of actual competitive racing (plus pre and post practice) which is a good way of getting to know the track. We've got club controllers.

Our main aim is to have fun and if you come along and percervere you'll not only have fun but learn loads from all the other racers.

Matt

·
John Roche
4,240 Posts
I'll second what Matt says. the Wellinbugger club is friendly with helpful members. the track is quite tricky to learn though

I used to go to another club which shall remain nameless but quite a few of the members took it all much too seriously.

John

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I might be able to get a lift anyway, where exactly is the venue? Is it anywhere near the college, as I will be there until about 5 (would it be posible for me to come straight there)

·
Matt Tucker
3,561 Posts
Have a look at the top of the thread for details about the club which incl a map of exactly where it is. The club is open from about 19.30 onwards so it might mean a bit of hanging around. However if you go into T&R Models (quite close to the club) in Wellingborough a pale face ginger whipper snapper who goes by the name Adam (best racer in our club) can give more details and if he's feeling generous and you ask him he might let you in before its usually opened.

Also he'll give you a good discount on the slot cars the shop sells

Matt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts