SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Al Schwartz
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The year is 1962, the venue is the German GP , the driver of car # 11 is, of course, "Grime 'ill" in his helmet with the crennelated white border (a club insignia, I believe) but what is the color of the helmet?

Thanks - and I'll explain later why I need the info.

EM

·
mac pinches
2,154 Posts
hi EM the colour of Hills helmet relates to the collage colours used in a yearly boat race on the thames river, light blue and dark blue,, Hill,s being a very dark blue, the white segments represent the oars { 6 } this being the number of the oaresmen. hope this helps macp

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
To elaborate on the rowing theme although we're straying a bit from EM's original simple request for the colour of Graham Hill's crash helmet. Here's a picture of Graham turning out for his club.

You can see the insignia for the London Rowing Club on his sleeves and it was this design that he carried over to his crash helmet as stated by Bill. Graham met Bette at this club as she also rowed and I think in this picture you really can see the likeness to Damon.

As we all know Damon carried on with the design although he was never a member of the club but they permitted him to use their logo.

David

1 - 8 of 8 Posts