SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so ive had my scalextric for a few years it would sometimes get an outing in a bedroom or the living room but never for long
we move lastyear and i now have a very nice double garage we finished unpacking this weekend so i have a table in the garage
of 2.6 meters by 1.7 meters any track ideas or plans would be great i have quite a lot of sports track. also I have recently set it
and dont seem to get power to all the track any ideas on why ive started to clean it hoping this help should i use more than one power base or
not i know this is a lot of questions thankyou in advance everyone

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Hi rawhidejohnson
I'll just try and answer the "don't seem to get power to all the track" question and leave others to answer the rest of your questions.

The first place to look is the joints between the track pieces, the metal parts that connect the power often get bent or tarnished so they don't work properly.
There are several possible solutions from crimping up the duff connections so they work properly through to putting copper tape on top of the pick up rails.
There's a recent thread about this
http://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?...t=0&start=0
There's practical advice which should help you fix the problem (and also theoretical discussions if that interests you.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.