SlotForum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
I live in Mi, and as you no it's cold and not so nice in the winter with damp conditions.
So is it possible to design a 3 lane small things track That can be built light in 3 to 4 parts that can be broken down for winter and put back up in spring till fall, have one half side on garage to do layout In, my 1/32 grand prix 2 lane is I. The basement and is my winter getaway but due to sold my classic VW I now have no hobby to keep me happy in spring/summer. Please help. Would not mind any one who would like to join in come over help build and race, might be a club. All help ideas welcome, next would be braid or copper.
Paul

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Yellowbug. Since you mention a small 3 lane track check mine out on Hotslots customer tracks. Mine is the only 3 lane there and it's listed under my name Leonard Ostrander. Mine doesn't break down but it will give you some ideas. Have fun.

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
Hi Paul

here are a few pictures of my track, I hope it helps you build yours.

It's built in MDF by Plazidus, Germany, fits a 3 meters by 8 m footprint, it's 30 meters long and it's composed by modules which are stackable on a 1.2 meters x 2,4 footprint (or so I remember when it arrived).

It weights about 500 Kg (yes it does)

Power 40 Amps total, which is 13.3 Amps per lane. I use it at 12 Volts. Current is perfect all over even with high Amp sucking vintage motors.

Supports, as you see, are adjustable in height and inclination.

I love the track, you can play with all slot scales and I no longer have to take the magnets off plasticars since there is no magnet effect.

Anyway, good luck with yours.

Kind regards

Edo

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Hi Edo,

I have seen your wonderful track on a thingies thread, but showing the details makes it even more impressive !!.

Thanks for sharing.

vbr Chris A.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts