SlotForum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok - So i got my first two slot.it's - Rothmans 962C and a jagermeister 962kh - beautiful cars, run great, but the Jagermeister (962ckh) is considerably faster and handles better than the rothmans 962C. The Jager appears to have a fractionally smaller in length chassis by a few mm but thats the only difference that a novice like me can tell - they seem similar on the specs but the jager just sticks to the track so much better and shifts faster though this could be due to corner exit speed being much better as opposed to outright pace.

Now I dont mind getting a couple more slotits but Is there a way to choose 2 that will macth each of my cars I have already - I know they will never be equal but If i ended up with 2 pairs of cars that were matched enough for fun racing I would be very happy?

Any pointers? obviously going by the spec sheet is doing the wrong thing I must be missing something.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok my link to the jager wasnt quite correct correct as I have the SiCA09A (not sure what the difference between SIC and C cars is)
and using the trusty ebay it has 25k motor. , tempered rear axle, brass bushings, which I am not sure about if the rothmans has - still cant dig anything up on the chassis differences either..

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
CW04 came with the old hard tyres, while the newer Slot.it releases come with much softer C1 tyres. Try swapping the tyres whether this makes the CW04 any faster. If it does, just get some spare C1 tyres.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Those two porsches, in fact almost every Group C car from Slot.it have such similar performance characteristics, that the differences you are experiencing are not model differences.

Not knowing how experienced you are in tuning slot cars, nor what kind of track you are racing on, and whether it is with magnets or not, it is hard to suggest the performance differences and how to close them but

If racing with magnets - compare the downforce between the two.

For all cars, checlk that your front wheels are not binding - perhaps only under load, compare all tolerances, how tight or loose the pod and body screws are - (1 turn back from tight is a good start on everything, then fine tune for better lap times from there.)

Compare tyre compounds. Slot.it have used a few over the years as stock on cars.

Check that all tyres are evenly seated on rims.

Depending upon track size, if one has an orange end-bell motor and the other a white end-bell motor, you may want to gear down the white bell motor, which had higher rpm, but lot lower torqure. a larger tooth crown on that car may bring it closer to the other.

I am sure other will add to this list.

·
Tel
4,032 Posts
As Strongbow points out, much better tyres on newer releases, so I would imagine thats the main difference you have.
Slotcrazy is also on the money for further investigation

The older one may have a different motor, if the plastic end is orange they are the current standard slot.it motors.
Even though it may have a faster rpm rating on a white ended one, you will probably find the orange ones to be quicker to drive

1 - 5 of 5 Posts