SlotForum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Phil B.
3,749 Posts
Hi lads and lasses - We all know as motorsport fans and competitors just how important the Air Ambulance service is providing essential aid at motorsport and other incidents. I`ve had this request to support this epetition and am hoping that all UK based forum members can take a couple of minutes to add their names and we can get the government to ease the costs of running this charity.

This from rally organiser Geoff Field -
Hi there,

Please may I bring to your attention a petition to encourage the Government to exempt the Air Ambulance services from duty on the fuel they use, in the same way as the Lifeboats (RNLI) are exempt.

If we gain 100,000 signatures, Parliament is duty bound to debate the issue - currently we have over 35,000 signatures.

Thank you for your support for this magnificent volunteer funded service.

Please pass on to all of your UK friends.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/29349

Regards, Geoff Field

Cheers - Phil B

·
Kitbasher
4,250 Posts
Done - very happy to support this

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm on the west coast of the US so I'm not a potential signer, but I would appreciate it if someone could explain more clearly what this issue is all about, just for my own education.

M2

·
Phil B.
3,749 Posts
The Air Ambulance Service is a charity, not funded by H.M. Government and they have to pay tax on the fuel they use for the aircraft. Our Royal National Lifeboat Service is also a charitable organisation but are tax exempt on fuel they use. This epetition is to persuade our parliament to discuss helping the Air Ambulance by exempting their fuel as well. If the epetition gets 100,000 signatures the government are duty bound to at least discuss the issue, this doesn`t of course mean that they will grant the exemption.

Cheers - Phil

·
Registered
998 Posts
The site was not working just now when I looked but I shall sign later - seems a very important issue and something that anyone of us could need one day in an emergency.

Does anyone know how the RNLI managed to receive the exception?

·
Alfie Noakes
2,655 Posts
Hi Phil,
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Important for anyone who drives/rides, has kids, likes to head off the beaten track, etc.
Anything that makes it more likely that the Air Ambulance will be there if I ever need them has got to be worth supporting!
Cheers,
Richard

·
Premium Member
2,699 Posts
Good for all of you in supporting this not just with signatures but with money. Its kind of timely as our Ontario government funded air ambulance service has also been in the news. The big wigs running appear to have absconded with millions of dollars in some sort of a shell game. I would prefer to have it as a charity.

·
Circuit Owner
5,892 Posts
I just went to sign up and the petition has now received the 100,000 required signatures.

I signed up anyway - a few more signatures adds weight to the argument because it shows that people feel strongly enough to sign up even though the target minimum has already been reached.

It's a shame they only get the VAT back and not all the duty/tax.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts