SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,085 Posts
There really isnt any secret "zen" to tuning magnet cars.

Make the car as light as is possible within the rules. Remove everything possible to save weight.

Buy 10 or 20 aftemarket traction magnets and find out which is the strongest. Fit these to the car. The further back the mag is mounted the more traction it will develop.

If the rules say that the front wheels must touch the track then elongate the holes in the chassis upwards so that the tyres/wheels can move upwards. You do not want the front of the car supported by the tyres. It must be supported by the guide. In mag racing the front tyres are for cosmetic purposes only. Coat the tyres in your wife's nail polish or coat them in super glue. The front tyres must NOT generate any grip!!

Lower the car as much as is possible so that the chassis sits as low as possible. This will increase the mag force. To do this fit the thinest braid you can find and make sure the front of the car is not supported by the front tyres as decribed above. Buff down of buy new smaller rims and tyres so that the rear end is as low as possible.

There is always one gun tyre compound that will work for a particular track surface. FIND OUT WHAT IT IS!! Be it silicon, NSR that is juiced up with 3 in 1 oil or WD40 or whatecer else is the secret potion that is used at the club.

An NC 2 pulling 18000 rpm???? Really??? What voltage are you using? Find out what the gun motor is and just use the same.

Do you have to run Ninco cars? If not choose a car that runs bar magnets

That should at least get you started. Just like real1:1 racing its going to cost you money to be competitive and just like 1:1 racing people will cheat to get an advantage. Errr sorry I meant people will be creative with their rule interpretation.

Cheers
Rick1776

· Registered
2,085 Posts
Hi Zendragon,

Ha Ha sorry mate...I was wondering why you were upset?? Then I reread my post. My reference to "zen" was not directed to you. I was referring to "zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance" with regards to the mystic of tuning.

Lushen,

Some NSR with WD40 treatment will work. But find out what the gun tyre is and just copy it...with the potion added to the rubber.

You say 18K motors are permitted. Is this a true 18K as measured by a tacho or the listed 18K that a manufacturer quotes?? The two are VERY different. Scaly quotes 18K for their motors but in realality they spin to 21-22K. And what voltage do you run?? An NC2 will struggle to get to 15K at 12V.

I woulod go for a listed 18K long can with stump pulling torque. That way you can load up big with magnets.

cheers
rick1776

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.