SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,267 Posts
QUOTE (rick1776 @ 15 May 2012, 17:00) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If the rules say that the front wheels must touch the track then elongate the holes in the chassis upwards so that the tyres/wheels can move upwards.

Some cars have long enough holes. One can put a cylindrical piece of plastic like a large drinking straw under each side of the axle to keep the wheels up.

· Registered
3,267 Posts
QUOTE (rick1776 @ 16 May 2012, 05:55) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Zendragon,
Ha Ha sorry mate...I was wondering why you were upset?? Then I reread my post. My reference to "zen" was not directed to you. I was referring to "zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance" with regards to the mystic of tuning.

No need to apologies we all know what you meant. Someone who picks a pseudonym with a common word within it should not be upset if someone uses that common word in a post. After all they picked the pseudonym and there is no secret zen to that. Individuals cannot simply hijack the English language because they feel like it. Any reference to an individual would according to the rules of grammar require that reference to be capitalized as in "Zen you had no reason to upset".

QUOTE I would use a little WD40 on a cotten bud rub this around the tyre then gaffa tape the tyre , if others are using silicons though you will get no grip.

Simple sanding can be done with 150 grit sand paper glued to a small piece of glass ( welding mask window) to keep it flat. Tape this onto the track with masking tape and with the car running backwards gently lower the car onto it until the surface of the tires are evenly worn.

Then like the man said. It ( WD-40) should soak in quite quickly. Leave overnight and repeat. More than say 4 times (to be conservative) and the tires will start to swell so would need to be glued to the rims. If the tires do not absorb or is it adsorb the oil they are screwed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.