SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Phil Smith
2,740 Posts
I don't think Revell slot car kits were ever shrink wrapped from new.
This has been done recently, are you sure of what's contained in the box?
I've long thought that this was an area for unscrupulous traders, shrink wrap a clean box with any old parts inside, the chances of a collector opening up the box is quite slim.

This was first bought to my attention when I bought a Monogram Porsche 904 1/32 static kit (the one with the slot car parts) from a toy fair some years ago.
The box was shrink wrapped and appeared new it sat on the shelf for a while until I decided to open it up to make a slot car out of it, to my surprise the car had already been (badly) partly built and painted!

· Phil Smith
2,740 Posts
That all looks correct, looks like the cellophane wrap over the bottom half of the box is still there but a bit hard to tell from the picture.
This is how it should be but the whole thing with it's lid on should not be wrapped.

I remember now that the Japanese have a habit of shrink wrapping the whole thing as a way of protection.
The first picture you show in your first post both have full shrink wrapping all over the box, this is not as they were sold, when you said that the Lotus was still wrapped I assumed you meant as these are, maybe I misunderstood, sorry if I did.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.