SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I have altogether bought 2 Slot it SCP2 controller from an authorized Slot it retailer in Singapore 3 weeks ago but unfortunately one of it cannot be able to activate the build in Ghost/ Pace car mode available on the SCP2 controller so would like to seek help here if anyone using SCP2 encounter this issue before and is there any software or firmware fix for it and i have made a demo video of it you can view it here cos a youtube video paints a thousand words

I have tried emailing Slot it about this issue using their [email protected] email add twoo weeks ago when i discovered this issue but till now zero reply from them on whether can send it back for repair or RMA so hopefully one of their tech support guy can chance upon this topic and get back to me

Or if there is any reprogramming solutions or tune up that i can DIY fix it then hope you can share the tips or help

other than that the controller is working normally but because it is brand new and I believe that a new product should be able to function fully as advertised if not then should be able to get a RMA return for it

Thanks

Mike

·
Greg Gaub
14,961 Posts
Do you know what version of the firmware is in each controller? If you can put the same firmware in the new one as the one that works, that might be the solution.

Also, I see that you have the oXigen cart in, and your track appears to be Scalextric. Are you using them with the CRI for SSD, or with oXigen chips?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both the controller are already in latest 3.02 firmware checked using my O2 dongle in fact i had even tried downgrade the firmware to a few previous version like 2.18 or 2.14 but still the same issue remains

Yes my track is Scalextric but I am running ti in pure Oxigen O2 mode with type C chip on all my cars and power supply from a bench DC power unit so it is wireless 2.4g straight from the O2 cartridge

·
Greg Gaub
14,961 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Mr Flippant

Yes both are using the latest updated firmware, as for the car I believe it wont affect the ghost mode activation cos I can do the activation without having the car available or on the track first so its independent in the controller

interestingly I had also done the reprogramming the curve that you mentioned above so as to see if that can somehow make the function work but unfortunately it doesn't but I get to learnt how to re programmed the trigger curve along the way

till now still no reply from Slot It at all and I hope I wont get stuck with this defective controller forever

mike

·
Greg Gaub
14,961 Posts
Don't worry, you won't be stuck with a defective product. Ideally, your reseller should take is as a defective return and handle the returned product with slot.it themselves. Have you already contacted them about getting a replacement?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts