SlotForum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Martyn
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I am looking to upgrade my hand controllers, the problem is that I am not looking for professional simply because I don't have the need or the money for a product like Pama. Has any one seen this type of Controller ( Ninco 10406 Vario 16 Dual Electronic Controller) I am using Ninco track, and all makes of cars, SCX, Carrera, Scalextric, Spirit, Ninco, you get the idea. I am at the moment using black Ninco type 55 oms, and the Ninco red ones, also 55oms. If you know the difference between these two types of controller if you could pass on any information at all that would be great. likewise if you know anything about these controllers and how they cope with a home set up. (Ninco 10407 N-Tronic Professional Electronic Controller)

Any all information would be great.

Thanks for reading

Athrlyth

·
Martyn
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok so it seems know body knows about the Ninco hand conrollers. So can I ask about DS controllers. As anyone used or heard of these controllers? The other thing I have been looking at is GW02C Triple Output Power Supply from Maplin. As anyone got one of these and if so what do you think of the unit. easy to use, hard to set up. Any thing would be good.

Athrlyth

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I've got a Ninco Vario with a blown capacitor, you can have it for the cost of the postage, I don't know how it works as it blew when I tried to wire it to SCX track.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
QUOTE (athrlyth @ 28 Apr 2012, 16:13) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The other thing I have been looking at is GW02C Triple Output Power Supply from Maplin.
As a slot car track power supply, a GW02C is expensive for a rather low current - you are paying two extra outputs and a much higher voltage that are not needed. It might be good value if you have a need for those extra features.

If you want recommendations for a track power supply, it's best to say how many lanes and tell us the most powerful motors you plan to use.

·
Martyn
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ha-ha
Julian, Thank you so much for the offer unfortunately I am guessing with some certainty that I would fare no better than yourself with Capacitors and stuff.

300SLR, Thank you also for your comments, and yes your probably right about the cost but having said that if it means that the upfront cost could be offset by not having blown up hand controllers and broken cars. Maybe Pama is the way to go after all. I am running a two lane Ninco track, and I have over two hundred cars from just about every manufacturer dating from the 1960's right through to 2011, so I don't really know the size of the motors for the power if that's the right terminology, and thats really the point and the reason of looking at the GW02C Triple Output Power Supply. DS have a new hand controller out now and I would be interested if anyone has had a look at these or tested them out.

Athrlyth

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Hi Athrlyth

Without more info on what type of cars you are using its difficult to know what sort of power supply would best suit you.
A lot have home set type motors take a maximum of about 2 amps on acceleration and perhaps a quarter of that at medium - high speed. There are more powerful motors, the most powerful of which which can take 10 times that much. (Although quite few SF members use the highest current motors.)

Quite a few tracks use a Rapid Electronics 85-1824 power supply. This has enough power for the most powerful slot car motor (Adjustable 3-15 volts current up to 25 A) . It can supply more current than the more modestly powered motors need, for tracks running those sort of cars, a fuse in the feed to each lane is a good idea. Cheaper than a GW02C

If you want a bench power supply from Maplin, the N83CX would be a better choice for slot cars. It has an adjustable voltage up to 20v (High enough for just about all slot car motors) an adjustable current limit up to 5 A (High enough for a wide range of slot car motors, the high power motors mostly will run, but not to their full potential) and at present cheaper than a GW02C

The GW02C spec says it has 3 outputs
Fixed 5 volts 0.5 amp max (Some slot car motors will run slowly on that, some won't run at all)
Fixed 12 volts 0.5 amp max (Some slot car motors will run on that although acceleration will be restricted, some won't run at all)
Adjustable up to 30 volts an adjustable current limit up to 2.5 A (Enough for quite a wide range of slot car motors, could be a be restricting if you want to run two at once.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts