SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am getting back into 1/24 Flexi class racing on a commercial track after a 10+ year absence. Looking through my old equipment and parts, is there a way to tell the difference between a 48 pitch and a 64 pitch pinion gear

·
Kevs Racing Bits
2,729 Posts
If they're the only types you have, 48 is much coarser.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am pretty sure I have both because we ran some 3/32 axles with 64 pitch for GTP class motors

·
Gerald Lambourn
1,006 Posts
Test with the pinion, Fass is 64pitch, there are also finer pitches when I look at Betta's web site

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
I am pretty sure I have both because we ran some 3/32 axles with 64 pitch for GTP class motors
If you ran Flexi type stuff 10 or so years ago,...it is highly likely most of your gears are 64P (on 3/32 axles) ,...although some of the RTR cars did come with 48P gears (1/8th axles) at that time, so, you may well have some of them as well.

I doubt you would have any 72 or 80P gears given you were running Flexi's.

As previously mentioned, the teeth on the 64P stuff are considerably finer that the 48P gears (easy to see) , and mixing 48 and 64 will just not work.

Cheers

Chris Walker

If still in doubt,......post a pic.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know what axel spur gears are 64 pitch it is the motor pinions I'm having trouble differentiating

Is there way to tell with calipers

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
I know what axel spur gears are 64 pitch it is the motor pinions I'm having trouble differentiating

Is there way to tell with calipers
Calipers won't help..............take a pinion, and with your finger, roll it on the spur. If it is smooth and engages each tooth on the spur, it is also a 64P.

Cheers

Chris Walker

1 - 8 of 8 Posts