SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am being a bit dim here! Please forgive me!

My track Designs are in TrackPower not Ultimate Racer as I origionally posted - sorry.

However, the same thing still seems to apply regarding the saving to clipboard as a bitmap (which I have figured out)

Only thing is, I just can't get it from there into photobucket. to upload to here.

Can anyone help please?

Regards,

Chris (getting really frustrated after having spent the last hour trying to work it out!)
!

· Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Mr. F - I'll give it a bash tonight - I am looking forwad to your comments on it in particular (when I finally get it sorted) as I have no idea how to design a challenging digital circuit as I have little experience of them.

If all else fails I'll print it - photograph it and then upload it!

Best Regards,

Chris

· Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Guys,

thanks for the help - should have it sorted now!

OK - here is my first bash at a digital layout - criticisms, suggestions and comments please.

Hope this has worked?

We are a small club - 15 years old - currently running on 4 lane scaley classic.

We have decided to run digtal for next year, so we need to start buying and understanding how we can get the most from it.

Do I need more LCs? Are they in the right place? Will want pit stops for endurance racing so double lane pit or not? Would kind of like to spread part of track out to 3 lanes maybe and even down to one?

Over to you Guys to help us make the best use of our space.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Chris

· Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thaks for the comments Mr. F - always appreciated

I am back to the drawing board tonight to have another bash!

Managed to find that really good thread on pit-lanes from not so long ago so will be pinching some ideas from there I suspect.

R1-R3 curbs - noted.

The top left hand corner of the layout is in fact very accessible - its the other corner that is a bit trickier but we have always managed with'grabbers' without too much problem as we always have enough racers to provide dedicated corner marshalls - gets a bit frantic but adds to the general chaos!

We always get between 9-12 racers once a month and sometimes they all turn up (16) and its gets a bit cosy in there!

Thanks once again - if any others have ideas - please feel free.

Best Regards,

Chris

· Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
H There,

well here's another bash at a track - I really like the pit-lane bit (totally nicked from this forum - big thank you!), but not so sure about the infield?

I will raise the track height at the back to give the drivers a clearer view - but to be honest our current 4-laner has blind spots all over it and, well, you just gotta learn it really!

Mr. F. the back of the circuit is against a wall, and the right hand side is against a wall, but we live with the fact that its tricky to marshall - grabbers work just fine, and as we regularly shout out after a bit of 'iffy' re-slotting - "you don't need a marshall if you stay on!"

You are right though - it will be a big learning curve for all of us and there will be all manner of shunts and bumps as we get it sorted but sort it we will!

Personally I cant wait to get cracking on the build - digital will throw our championship wide open (which is fantastic!)

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo100/p...ewDigitalv3.jpg

Please comment on the design - I really appreciate the advice on the forum gives

Regards

Chris

· Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks once again for the input - I'll do a bit of fiddling about this evening and take in your comments.

Got it for the corner L/Cs - makes sense - thank you.

Great idea for the training session Mr. F. - for what its worth I have no idea why they call it a Swedish mile either - its an old expression though as I seem to remember it being called that in the dim and distant past when I could run one!

Now then - need to start looking at Race Management and Pit Stop stuff! - there is high expectation at the club about digital so I'd better get a bit more clued up!

I remember some time ago Mr. F. you were reassuring me about going digital - and you did, so I will have a look at some of your posts to see what you guys use.

Thanks once again - I will post up tweaked layout tonight.

Best Regards,

Chris

· Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the top-class advice Mr. F. - been crawling round your website to have a look-see!

Yes we will be going for the new APB - will probobly buy the platinum set to form the basis of the new track as it looks best value for money as a start point given APB, a couple of SLC's, half a dozen cars, controllers etc. There is plenty enough track on the current circuit to recycle and the single lane straights and single lane curves look easily 're-modelable (?)' from stock track.

Just wondering with regards to controllers - something a bit more robust? Worth mentionng that the guys are already talking about wireless!

Anyway, here is the latest layout plan - what do you think?

New Track Design

Best Regards,

Chris

· Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Thanks All for the advice so far.

I've got to thinking that I might revert to a single pit-lane - reason being that I have a row of pit-lane buildings on the current circuit that I want to use on the new layout.

so I am thinking that I put the PitPro kit at the end of the pits for the fuel strategy races - like the idea that drivers/teams need to think it through a little and react during the race. I'll have a fiddle about with the design later on and post it up. Just thought - need to find a spot for the APB as well!

Thank You

Chris

· Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Hi TR7 Driver,

Thanks for your time.

was working on reply as you posted so hadn't seen it. Just wondered how you would do that with the space I have - will have a go at it - don't want to over-complicate matters as most of our club races are timed 'sprints' at the moment (i.e. two-minute races!) which means that we can get 36 or so races in an evening which keeps the adrenelin levels high and all the racers involved at all times (i.e marshalling or racing) We really have to keep things moving to gt it all done!

I want to introduce another category for 'team enduro' hence the pit-stop stuff, but that (I think) will be a single race at the end of the night. Also, I just think its cool! (and its my track!!)

Regards,

Chris

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.