SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
198 Posts
Yes indeed there is a second part for these G3 round pin guides. This part has 2 metal plates, on which are soldered the lead wires and usually a resistor for suppressing TV interference. This part is made of the same clear white material as the bottom pin part, and plugs snugly into the bottom part , where the metal plates contact and hold the braids in place.

· Registered
198 Posts
Good Luck ! It has been my experience that these plugs don't usually get lost or broken since they are attached to the wires and motor. It is usually the pin that breaks off the bottom part, and I have repaired these easily by drilling out the pin and replacing it with a similar pin from VIP spares. When you do find these " guide plugs", soldering on the wires should be done carefully so as not to melt the area of the rivets that holds the metal plates in place. Sometimes I use an alligator clip on the plate as a heat sinc, tin the plate and wire before using a minimum of heat to attach.

· Registered
198 Posts
Before you go and paint anything STOP !! You can touch up the driver with some flat white, add some repro decals but painting these old relics is pretty much"verboten" You are now the caretaker of these and it is your job to preserve them for now. Sorry to dissapoint you, but you will have to learn to see the beauty in their originality.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.