SlotForum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
We have the 5 GTT over here too.. no reknown for being well reliable. I'd rather have the Ford equivelent Fiesta RS Turbo which is equally reknown for being unreliable lol

Alls good tho.

I will look into the circuit, Grah, Diff be warned you know how i take things... one step further!

·
Julius Wilkko
935 Posts
Hi!

Elicend, just posted you personal message.

Inte, awoid the dark side - it will consume you.....

Julius

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
yes master julius
it is consuming DR STICKY
i have got to make one when i have the time
and then we will RULE THE WORLD

oops sorry getting carried away there sounding like the number 2 from smersh in the Bond films

"do you expect me to talk DR STICKY"
"NO! MR Bond I expect you to race"

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
too late, I already have an evil black boxTM lol

Oh Dr Sticky... I will send you a PM in the following days with some wise words

·
Registered
197 Posts
This kind of "cheats" are not legal on most of 1/32 races in Spain. To avoid controversy all of hand-made controllers are not accepted (they say "How do I know that you don't cheat with this controller?"). Now we are working on a silly tool that, connected between controller and connection box, indicates if voltage on the track exceeds top or brake limits, i.e., if your power supply sources 14v, limits are set between 0v and 14v. This is the best solution to accept any kind of "not-cheating" controller, even hand-made or modified ones.

·
Julius Wilkko
935 Posts
Hi, Nep72

Great that people realize that nowadays it's possible to cheat with controller (big time!). "Cheat detector" should be easy to build, but I'm slightly surpised that you would even need this kind of device. Unfortunate that you still have drivers who are prepared to do ANYTHING to win.

"Turbo" could be modified to function as legal controller which stabilizes your voltage and stores energy during half trigger, to be released with full triggering. Could be useful with some weaker power supplies.

Julius

·
Julius Wilkko
935 Posts
PS.
I must add that on your home track "Turbo" is lots of fun, especially if you have long straights. I have never experienced such acceleration and speed.

Julius

·
Registered
458 Posts
turbo/cap/whatever is good on home track, but for fairness, what i have done with my cap si put it on a terminal block so that it can ebunhooked in a very short space of time, thus you dont have to cheat to win. If you cheat and win, you havent won at all, your only cheating yourself

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
personally, i don't want to cheat, i only want to have fun... most part of time i'm running alone on my track.

Lord, i'll write you a PM in about 10 minuts.

good night !

elicend

·
Julius Wilkko
935 Posts
Hi elicend, others,

Didn't mean at all that you would cheat elicend. I too was missing some power for some cars. Turbo certainly gives you turbo punch and is quite fun to drive. Usually I run un-prepped cars but with turbo I cannot anymore, wheels and rims are coming loose. I'm considering writing a how to article of construction the turbo, but I'm afraid of being lynched.

Julius

·
Registered
197 Posts
Wowowow... wait a minute.

When I mentioned "cheating" I meant "using this kind of devices where forbidden". I AM the first person to have fun creating electronic devices for slot. Please, don't let me be misunderstood, I do encourage to design & test such artifacts to enjoy. One of my future projects is this kind of "turbo-ultrabrake-controller", with two DC-DC converters: one to create +12v and other for -12v, so I can reach voltages from -12v up to supply voltage+12v (around 24-30 volts). Guess what can be speeding motor at 24v or braking applying -12v. Of course, this must be done with a special circuitry that controls this extra power to be sourced in form of peaks. Well, time to time.

On the other hand, can't imagine what spanish racers can do to "win" an event. Who can consider "win" when you know you ARE cheating? They don't enjoy during 24 hrs of race, they do when picking up the trophy. Shame. Fortunately they are just a few, so let's get back now with our ideas.

About the "controller cheat detector", this device is done to let people who create self-made controllers run in events, guess you want to run with a diode-based controller (aka Professor motor style) but cased in a Parma handle, this is a "home-made" innocent controller: FORBIDDEN. On some spanish clubs electronic controllers are forbidden, even standard-manufactured such as Professor motor or NSR, just to have you an idea how some stone-aged minds think.

One more time, sorry guys if someone felt I was critic with innovating ideas for slot. As Morpheo said, "free your mind" ;-)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
hi all !

i think we are all agree, this turbo is a fun add on and a technical exercice i was (am!!!) unable to do by myself!! thanks to lord for partaging his knowledge

then... it true that people seeing this might think if i've had this yesterday, i should had win... right, but then, don't it be simplier to had another power suply in the pocket (an RC 8V, 2A for exemplel) and add it in the controler... so... if there are cheaters, they'll cheat even if we don't develop such electronic
and we can't stay in the dark for them

as with the turbo, it can be pleasant to overtake a friend during 5-6 turn, but after, if he can't follow you it'll be borring so....

everything to say that we are all agree i think and simply want to have more fun

and did you think to a Turbo race???

Lord, if you write your article i would be interested by translat it in french on my site if you are agree ! did you'll include my name as the "askingman" or the "turbo dreamer"

elicend

·
Julius Wilkko
935 Posts
Oh boy! Nep72, this conversation has been as serious as my picture on the left (that damn rat keeps on smirking).

Hope that I have energy to write something. Elicend, by all means you can translate it and add to your site. If I ever get it done.

Julius

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
lucky man !

i have not a classroom that could work for me lol

·
Julius Wilkko
935 Posts
Hi!

Just improved the turbo. Anyone building it, please use this latter schematic - it works better and uses fewer components.

Recommended parts:
LM2585T-ADJ, IC Switching regulator FARNELL 952-485
B82476A1223M, Inductor 22uH 2.6A FARNELL 387-7498
MBRS340T3 diode Schottky 3A FARNELL 878-390

These are the key-parts. You can get an inductor also from an old PC power supply. Schottky diode can really be any type, current rating should be at least about 2A and voltage drop 0.55V. There is no direct replacement for IC that I know of.

There are 3 tantal caps at the input. You should NOT replace these with a single cap. Idea behind having several caps parallel is to reduce the effect of capacitors internal resistance, ESR. Please follow closely layout of components that can be seen at the pictures. The shorter the component leads are the better the result and more likely that your switcher begins working. Good ground plane is essential. Again, refer the pictures. Operational amplifier can be just about any single-supply - single opamp. I have used semiconductor fuse in my turbo. You can increase the rating of the fuse to 1A and use glass-type. Note that this new schematic assumes that your hand controller has built-in braking. I'm using standard NINCO controller.

Happy soldering

Julius

PS.
Compound_goose, good luck with your project

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
thanks for your update!

at first watch, it is easier than the first one... for a novice like me

elicend

21 - 38 of 38 Posts