SlotForum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, what is the fastest rtr or car that can be tuned to go faster than anything else. as for tuning, ive got a jordan f1 (old) with new mag and sc07 motor, great on small twisty tracks, but little or no top speed how do i get more top speed? if theres an rtr thats faster than this tell me, but i doubt theres an rtr that'll do a 10m track in 2.3 secs also a little more accell would be nice fer it

thanx in advance

·
Registered
265 Posts
F1 is a good start, I don't know how much mag you're running, or which tires, but I tend to tune the mags till the tires bite but can still break loose when pushed. I use Indy Grip tires on everything as they work for all my conditions. If you are tuned similar to this, you may try a taller gear ratio for more top end speed. 2.3 seconds for 30m of track sounds pretty quick already. Have fun, but don't put an eye out with your missile.

P.S. I try not to put mags much forward of the rear axle. Just slightly works for me on my Sport set-up. Some cars requre a light "tweaker" toward the front to lessen the front end lifting out of the slot on hard accels. I try no to use the forward mag if possible as it cuts speeds down.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Buy a £200 slot car motor from the US.

Put 5 SC07 magnets into it.

Doesn't matter what car it was, because it won't look like that after the first off.

BTW. 2.3 for a 10m isn't that great anyway.

Lotus

1 - 6 of 6 Posts