Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Earlier this year, I agreed to help my father sell a bunch of his old stuff to help pay his medical bills. While going through his garage, I found an Aurora Championship 500 4 lane race set. The box is hashed, but all the pieces seem to be there, though two of the cars are taken apart. He said he got it in the late 50's /early 60's. My dad asked me to sell it as well, but I have no idea what it might be worth. To be honest, I don't really know anything about slot racing.

I hate the idea of just hocking something so unique and cool, but it's what my dad wants, and to be honest it's better to have it in the hands of someone who really appreciates it than just rotting away in a garage.

Would anyone here have any information about the set? Anything at all would be helpful. Thank you!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Usually sets are worth the value of the cars only, unless they are complete with all cardboard dividers and paperwork. The two cars with chassis are Thunderjets or T Jet , not sure about the other bodies , they may be later. Things like broken window posts, mounts, cut wheel wells ect. can de-value bodies. Most track is practically worthless unless unusually rare, such as 15 radius outside curves, train crossings, trafic lights, ect.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts