SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have managed to chip most Scalextric cars, but now I have tried to chip SCX cars with no success.I have wired them exactly as on the chipping database photos yet they short my 6 car powerbase every time.

I am trying to chip the SCX Morgan and the SCX 550 Maranello.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the prompt reply.

I seem to have done everything as per the photos, yet my car keeps tripping out the system. I even managed to chip a Seat Scaley car in the interim of these posts! The only difference is that I am using solder on the SCX cars but I don`t need to solder the Scaley cars. Could this be the problem?

·
Greg Gaub
15,389 Posts
I haven't had a non-DPR car that didn't need solder at LEAST for the motor leads.
Anyway, the SCX cars often have those brass strips that go from the guide to the motor. Make sure you are insulating everything from those strips, ESPECIALLY the tabs on the motor which touch them. Use tape on those tabs and around the chip itself and other things as needed. One some of my cars, I even snipped out parts of those metal strips.

That's all I can think of. If that's not it, can you take a photo of the inside of the car showing the chip and guide and motor and all, and post a link to it for us to see?

·
Greg Gaub
15,389 Posts
That's unfortunate.
Don't throw it out, though! contact gmyers (that's his forum name) about pricing for repairing and/or upgrading the chip. He can even flash that fancy new firmware into the chip to make it overall more reliable, as well as some nifty new features you might find interesting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts