SlotForum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Digital "Tea Boy"
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (dutchslotfreak @ 16 Nov 2011, 17:16) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Brilliant. Just like the real deal. Can you show a "under the hood"?
Thanks guys.

As soon as I have chance I will put a pic up, nothing special really, just a green LED, some heatshrink, some 0.5mm fibre optic cable, hotglue and superglue. Running it off the 5V line on the Scaley digital chip.

ST - Yes yours is still second cause it's not at Le Mans.
Did you go down the same route I did? Meaning fibre or did you use individual LED's?

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,653 Posts
Hello Keeto,
I used 3mm LEDs, fitted a big capacitor inside to keep them from blinking with the throttle on/off. Its an SCX version with in-line motor so enough space for the LEDs. You chose the more difficult Hornby sidewinder...

I'm really a rally fan, I did the Aston for a friend who is a big Aston fan. I also wanted to back-light the door numbers but ran out of time.

·
Digital &quot;Tea Boy&quot;
777 Posts
QUOTE (mgmike @ 16 Nov 2011, 20:39) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>keeto are your lights on the right side ?

Hi MGMike,

They are on both sides of the car.

ST,

OK - Yes the inline must have made life a bit easier. I had to get the 0.5mm fibre cause believe it or not the 1.mm was too thick and therefore touching the sidewinder, and that caused the body not wanting to go back on.
Backlit the door numbers.....Hmmmm now there is a challenge!!

·
Digital &quot;Tea Boy&quot;
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ed - that would be sooooo cool...

·
Registered
335 Posts
QUOTE (Keeto @ 18 Nov 2011, 12:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ed - that would be sooooo cool...

It should be easily possible too - if model trains have 4-12 function DCC chips to turn on/off different lights etc, its possible at least. Might not be practical with the bigger chip though weighing the car down

1 - 13 of 13 Posts