SlotForum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all new to the fourum ,just saying hi will post pics of my circuit when i figure it out cheers.

·
Prof I T
11,159 Posts
hi
and welcome to the forum.A plethora of knowledge awaits you on here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers guy's
I'm blown away by the vast amount of knowledge here. i am back to slotting after about 20 years got bitten by the digibug and have never looked back , it really opens a whole new world to slotting . i use all scaley stuff for track and power and various diffrent brand cars only have the 4 car pb at the moment but got the 7030 (not installed yet )as well deciding to mod that with simple-h and pb pro . or just buy 7042 apb with all the bells and whistles . this is still undecided but am edging towrds the apb after spotting a thread on the power mod for it . could any one please tell me how to upload pics of my track and what section of the fourm should i post ...

·
Registered
551 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Where in Ireland are you based? I race with a small bunch of guys in Dublin and we are very keen to add some more slot car nuts to our group. At the moment all our tracks are 4 lane analogue.

Have a look at this part of the forum where I've posted a record of our race nights (every second Thursday): http://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?showforum=156

I'll be adding a report about our last meeting (last night!) over the weekend hopefully.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers Ronan.
Im based in cork , but its great to know we are not the only ones in ireland in to slotting . I checked out your link and it looks great .love the reports of the races too .sounds like you got a tidy set up there . at the moment here it's just me my brother and my ol man and maybe one or two friends .are slowly getting into it run ,both analogue and digital 2 lane pretty tight lots of R1's bout a 10+sec lap time in a tricked out mosler.never tried 4 lane raceing i'll bet its a blast .

p.s ill keep an eye on the reports ,there great !!!!

·
Prof I T
11,159 Posts
hi
regards your query about pbpro v the apb.I have been a pbpro + sh user for a couple of years now and have recently switched to the latter.

With the now announced power mod this puts the apb out in front as there are some features already out and more planned that pbpro can not handle.Plus the data transfer rates between the pb and pc for race software are approx 3 times faster with the apb.

The cost of modding a c7030 with sh mod is very near the price of apb.

·
Registered
551 Posts
QUOTE (lamp.it @ 2 Jul 2011, 02:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Cheers Ronan.
Im based in cork , but its great to know we are not the only ones in ireland in to slotting . I checked out your link and it looks great .love the reports of the races too .sounds like you got a tidy set up there . at the moment here it's just me my brother and my ol man and maybe one or two friends .are slowly getting into it run ,both analogue and digital 2 lane pretty tight lots of R1's bout a 10+sec lap time in a tricked out mosler.never tried 4 lane raceing i'll bet its a blast .

p.s ill keep an eye on the reports ,there great !!!!

Glad you like the reports! Hope to get the latest one up this weekend.

I started out with a digital Ninco set in 2007 but when I linked up with the crowd that I race with they all use 4 lane analogue tracks so that's what I went with as well. Also I went from collecting 1:18th diecast (most of which have now been sold) to slotcars, so I have a large collection of slots too and hence chipping them all would be prohibitively expensive.

My wife is from Cork (Bishopstown originally, and her folks live on Model Farm Rd) so I'm down there from time to time.

If you are up in Dublin anytime let me know and you can check out the tracks up here. If a bunch of you wanted to come up to Dublin to race some weekend then we could arrange a race day with the crowd I race with (they used to do something similar with a group in the North).

Always good to hear from another Irish slot enthusiast! We are a rare breed!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi ,

BIGBIRD : My thoughts exactly!! thank you for your comment .

RONAN: yes ,chipping can be expensive ,thats why i run 2 lane analogue as well .i dont have all our cars chipped but are currently grouping cars performance wise
and chipping them slowly.so,! you get down to cork a bit !! i'm in youghal east corkabout 50 k's east of bishopstown but if you find yourself at a looseend
some time and want to run some laps on my circuit feel free to contact me . Thank you for your invite too by the way i'll keep you posted

P.S tried to do a link to a pic to see if it works

cheers.

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j388/s...ck/DSC01044.jpg

·
Jim Moyes
5,044 Posts
lamp.it,

If you click on the "image" tag above the reply box and then paste your image's URL into the box that appears, the photo will appear in your post.

Like this

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mr.M.

I tried what you sugested and it just came up as a link saying undefined !!! what am i doing wrong ??

Cheers .
karl.

·
Jim Moyes
5,044 Posts
Hmmm!

Not sure what you are doing wrong there. I just clicked on the "Undefined" link and the photo loaded. So I left clicked on it, selected "copy image URL", pasted it into the "add image" box and hey presto!

Make sure you are copying the image tags from Photobucket that have "img" at either end.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Love the slot.it Alfa's and Ferrari 312PB! Looks like you have landscaped the track too which looks great!

My best friend's wife is from Youghal, but I haven't been there since their wedding in 2006. A good day out that was I have to say! I would definitely love to pay you a visit the next time I'm in Cork if you are around. Likewise you would be most welcome to visit my place in Dublin (I'm off the Sandyford Road, near the Dundrum shopping centre).

If you like send me a private message and I will send you back my gmail address which is a good way to contact me any time.

Good idea performance grouping the cars too, I get great satisfaction from doing just that myself! (The wife thinks I'm a nerd for some reason! LOL!)

·
Administrator
10,131 Posts
QUOTE (bigbird @ 2 Jul 2011, 07:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The cost of modding a c7030 with sh mod is very near the price of apb.

A C7042 can be cheaper than the SH mod if you get a bargain off the online auction site.

Nice track from what we can see! Looking forward to you sorting how to post photos...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
RONAN : Ya i like the slot.it range the alfa is one of my favourites they are not chipped yet so it would be great to come up some time and run them on your track .i will
PM you and give you my email too . you are more than welcome to visit when you are down this side of the country !!! let me know and we can try and organise
something ?.

RIKOROCKET : Yes, I spotted some on line today for 100 euro . With the power mod now for the APB . Love the thread you done on the" High power variable voltage for
C7042 APB" this is something i will definatly attempt . plus what Bigbird was saying in a previous post about data speed being 3 times faster it seems a " no
Brainer " to me now , to go this route . not having to boot a p.c all the time is nice too . !!!!

Mr M . Going to try and post a couple more now. hopefilly i got it licked !!!!! thank you for the help

Cheers all
Karl .

here are some more pics hopefully the will appear in the reply box!!!!
feel free to coment, good bad or indreffent. !!!!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Looks great! I like the scenery around the sides of the track too. Yes indeed, I've love to pay you a visit next time I'm down in Cork with the in laws! A good excuse to get out for a while! And I think you will very much enjoy running your slot.it's on my wood track, they run great on it!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts