SlotForum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just joined, although I have been posting to SCI for a while. I had a nice Strombecker set in the late 1960s at the age of 12, and rediscovered slot cars about 3 years ago. I race at Archer Raceways in Vancouver, Canada. I've spent the last 2 years trying to figure out how to make 1/32 plastic cars go as fast as physically possible on wood track. I really like small cars (own two Fiat Abarths) and really enjoy seeing the small car projects. I have many of the small Arii kits but haven't built any into slot cars yet.

Duke

·
Alan Tadd
4,035 Posts
Hi Duke and welcome to the Forum.

Your a lucky man getting to race at Archers. That Targa track must be something else to drive.

Regards

Alan

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Welcome from me also!

I look forward to pics and reports on some of your projects to make custom made fragile missiles!

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Welcome mate...hey you`ll have to nip round Fergys for a race, he can only be about 500 miles away at worst

·
Registered
759 Posts
Welcome Duke! Nice to see you over here too! I remember you posting some great stuff over at SCI, so looking forward to hearing more about your projects

·
Fast Co.
1,240 Posts
Welcome Duke,
I just joined myself. Yesterday in fact. Wow - Archer Raceway. That's awesome. I love the pix of the Targa Florio track that I saw at their website. Slot cars seem to be very big in the Pacific Northwest. I've been to Port Angeles Raceway several times when I used to do inspections all along the Pacific coast for the Coast Guard. I recently retired from that job and am now living in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. I have yet to meet some slot car buddies here. I have been giving some thought to opening up a commercial track. They're big into Nascar down here and VIR is about an hour and a half drive so maybe there's some interest in sportscar racing (my favorite - and F1).
I posted ten pix of my home track under the Welcome & Introductions forum member name sacesta. Have a look.
Best regards,
Steve

1 - 13 of 13 Posts