SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick hello to everyone on the forum.
New to slot racing, rekindling memories from childhood (scalextric)
Interests are mainly F1 cars, always found these to be the fastest, and best handling.
Looking for McLaren mp4/6 tobacco conversion, any pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers.

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Hi Jonnas ......... welcome to the Forum!

You may well find that one difficult to prise out the hands of the beholders ............ they sold out very quickly and there were a lot of disappointed bunnies. It didn't help when they were released around the same time as the Senna film.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, fast responce, firstly, thanks for the warm welcolme.
All I have in the way of a layout is scalextric f1 set, I'm not sure how you guys rate these, but as a newcomer to the hobby, I am unfamilliar with other club type layouts, so please excuse my ignorence.
I don't want to go on whilst in the intro thread, what area should I be posting for conversion info?
I have the mp4/6,and I would like to convert it myself.
Thanks again.

·
David J
3,182 Posts
Hi Jonnas, have you concidered making your own decals? If you only need a couple of Marlboro logos it could be an option.

I notice Jadlam are selling the Scaley MP4/6 for £80.!! Really annoys me when slot shops appear to hold back "popular" new releases and then charge double for them when they become hard to get. It's just not cricket.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
No its not cricket, its called creating a false shortage, in aid to profiteer from!

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Isn't all business profiteering?

·
David J
3,182 Posts
Back on topic after my little grump - can anyone point me in the direction of the thread(s) where someone "Marlboroised" there Scaley MP4/6 please.

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Hi Jonnas.

As Dave said, but he is a southerner thats emigrated up north.

Divnt be shy an come doon to da club man

I'm on Kenton Lane.

Cheers
Paul.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts