SlotForum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like to say Hi, and the reason for signing up!
I blame the roofers who came to put a new roof on my garage for my new found enthusiasm for all things slot-car when I had to move my long languishing set so that a new roof could be laid. Having the almost forgotten sealed up boxes now in front of me I thought it wouldn't matter if I had a peak inside, that started the itch then the other day in Model Zone my wife convinced me to have a go on their demo track. "By the way I won the race my bro in-law came second and my Mrs' posted the fasted lap" Means that I now need to scratch that darn ITCH. So is there a club handy to Ilford Essex that might be able to help with the scratching.
My main interest is collecting at present but I already feel a change coming on!
My stuff is mainly from the 80's being SCX and Scalextric, tho I have recently bought some more modern cars as a panacea to help quell the itch! lol.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum!!

There is a club in Basildon, just down the A13 from where you are that races digital scalextric. Also, there is a club in Kilburn, North London next to the Jubilee Line station and theres a club in East Ham near to Central Park that meets on a Saturday evening around 7pm called Drivers Den, I think they meet in a church hall near the park, possibly down Central Park Road.

If you check the forums on Slot Forum, you will find a list of all the clubs with more details.

Hope you scratch that itch soon!!

Matthew

G

·
You could also try this one:

G T Raceway Club (Essex)
Unit 4,
Nashlea Farm,
Poors Lane North,
Benfleet,
Essex SS7 2XF
Contact: Graeme: mobile 07789764950 anytime, 01702 551225 evenings.
Area: Southend, Rayleigh, Hadleigh, Benfleet area of Essex, England
Race nights Monday 6.30 pm till 11pm.

135 foot 6 lane Ninco with track lights for night racing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts